No announcement yet.

Leo "Mini Margarito" Santa Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
    That style won't last long, it will be interesting to see if he can develop as mares has.i don't think fighting like margarito is something to be proud of.
    that's the same style that made prime cotto quit on his knee

Comment

His defense is better than Margarito's. The Showtime crew even praised him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goober View Post
        LOL

Comment

Very much so kids a beast.Defensively covers up well so he doesn't take as much punishment as Tony did

Comment

Man he is fun. There aren't many fighters I'd pick over him right now in his weight range.

His accuracy is unbelievable, as Cliff Rold pointed out. Not sure how someone can throw that often and yet be so pinpoint with their accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post

It wasn't an exact carbon copy fight of that wonderful and glorious summer night,but I couldn't help but be reminded of Cotto and Margarito while watching the Santa Cruz-Morel fight,because they both do bare some physical resemblance to Tony and Cotto respectively.Obviously,the fact that the Mexican broke down and forced his Puerto Rican rival to surrender helper further this comparison,too.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                Lad's a certified beast.His conditioning,intensity and commitment to the art of body punching is one to admire.Quite scary to see a guy sustain that level of intense aggression without showing the slightest hint of fatigue.Guy brings a significant amount of volume in his output,but he never wastes his punches and always throws well-placed,damaging shots.Very polished,but still incredibly exciting to watch.

And Zaleta for his ******-like tenacity.
                I agree and even like this guy.....should not dishonor his name with a cheat Margairto"peeleft:though.

Unless he brings mini plaster on the scene.

Comment

I get headaches when watching Santa Cruz, his body shots look deadly. They need to make Mares/Santa Cruz, that would be WW3.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      I agree and even like this guy.....should not dishonor his name with a cheat Margairto"peeleft:though.

Unless he brings mini plaster on the scene.

On the contrary,he's quite happy with the comparison:

@1.51 - 2.09

Comment

Working...
                      X