Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Worst Division in Boxing Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super-middle has Froch as well (future world star), and Lacy

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
      U serious?

Dawson, Johnson, Hopkins, Tarver, Jones.
      The average age of those last 4 boxers is like 39. When they go, the division will be even worse.

Comment

I was gonn say the cruiserweight just beacuse they rarely get any attention from big names companies like hbo and showtime but i would have to say the super middleweight beacuse all you got is calzaghe and kessler the rest are like who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by JD1986 View Post
          Light middleweight is probably the weakest,

No way, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Karmizan, Forrest.

vs, 168,

Calzaghe and Kessler

154 wins by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post

No way, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Karmizan, Forrest.

vs, 168,

Calzaghe and Kessler

154 wins by far.
            Mayweather has retired, and I doubt whether De La Hoya will fight again.

Comment

Im not a fan of Light Heavyweight. Its just a boring division to me.

Comment

Mayweather has retired, and I doubt whether De La Hoya will fight again.
                Im not sure how long floyd is retired for, De la hoya it seems will fight again,

Forrest over Kessler every day of the week, i also expect spinks to come back down to 154 also,

154>168

in my humble opinion.

Comment

Ouma is there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall_Hopkirk View Post
                    Light Heavy is pretty dire. All the champs are average boxers at best. Ive never even heard of the WBA champ, some guy from Croatia.
                    Light heavyweight is fine, with Tarver, Woods, Dawson, Hopkins, and up and comers like Diaconu.

Comment

Light middleweight is probably the weakest, since De La Hoya is past his prime, Cory Spinks has moved up to middleweight, and Shane Mosely has gone down to welterweight.

Welterweight has a lot of good fighters such as Cotto, Judah, Mosely, Margarito, Clottey and Williams. Middleweight is great with Taylor, Pavlik, Sturm and Abraham. Super middleweight is fine with Kessler, Calzaghe, Mundine, Froch, Lacy and now Miranda. Light welter is not bad with Witter, Hatton, Harris, M'Baye, Malignaggi and N'Dou, and will be better if Diaz moves up.

Heavyweight has gotten a lot better the last couple of years. Good fighters include Peter, Wlad, Maskaev, Brewster, Chagaev, Povetkin and now Hayes. I don't know enough about the smaller weight divisions below featherweight to have an opinion, but they seem to be okay.
                      Thanks for reminding me how pathetic 140 is. There's a reason Collazo sent Hatton back down...

Comment

Working...
                      X