Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: It's The Right Moment, The Man To Beat is Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: It's The Right Moment, The Man To Beat is Salido

Mikey Garcia could’ve pursued a shot at a less formidable featherweight champion than Orlando Salido.

The unbeaten contender from Oxnard, Calif., wants to be acknowledged, however, as the 126-pound champion in boxing, a distinction defeating Salido can earn him Saturday night in New York. The 25-year-old Garcia (30-0, 26 KOs) will challenge Mexico’s Salido (39-11-2, 27 KOs, 1 NC) as part of HBO’s “World Championship Boxing” tripleheader from The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

“We could’ve been a champion maybe a year ago or more, but you would’ve had to look at the right opponent, try to pick the right title defenses,” Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “People won’t really recognize you as the champ until you beat somebody who’s well-deserving of that, so you can be recognized as the champion. Right now, the man to beat is Salido. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Boxing fans need to pay attention to how Mikey was brought through the pro ranks. He wasn't "handed" a title against a bum, racking up meaningless defenses. He was brought along slowly, gradually increasing his level, until his people felt he was ready to fight a real champion for a belt. Good kid, excellent fighter & tonight couldn't be here quick enough for I man!!
    Man, if these dudes are gonna come on boxingscene & read my stuff, they need to give me my damn props, know what i'm saying,LOL!!

Comment

Garcia big step up but is it at the right time salido has been in two tough wars with Lopez lets see what he has left

Comment

Salido is a fine fighter, but as we all know, styles make fights. And I believe Garcia has the perfect style to not only beat Salido, but to knock him out. It may sound a little crazy, but I expect this to be a somewhat short and easy fight for Garcia (just because of the styles).

Comment

Garcia by TKO however the real man to beat at 126 is Chris John. Too bad he only fights in his backyard.

Comment

Yea is the right moment. After the two wars he got with Juan MA I'm for sure think salido is not the same.but I hope salido beat this garcia.

Comment

I honestly don't thnk the Juanma fights will affect Salido as much a some claim. He took some wear and tear in the second one for sure but he didnt take abuse to nthe point where he looked like damaged goods. I mean the dude as 11 losses lol. Hes been here before.

Comment

Man, if these dudes are gonna come on boxingscene & read my stuff, they need to give me my damn props, know what i'm saying,LOL!!
                You need to create some copyright infringement legalese to protect yourself brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                  Salido is a fine fighter, but as we all know, styles make fights. And I believe Garcia has the perfect style to not only beat Salido, but to knock him out. It may sound a little crazy, but I expect this to be a somewhat short and easy fight for Garcia (just because of the styles).
                  Garcia gonna get hurt during this fight, he will need to dig deep to win.

Comment

Haha it said I need to spread more karma around before green k-ing you. Couldn't have said it better myself. I just love how Garcia carries himself too, especially for someone who's only 25. Kid's got a bright future.

Comment

Working...
                    X