Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion who was the better player Hakeem Olajuwon or Shaquille O'neal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion who was the better player Hakeem Olajuwon or Shaquille O'neal?

Who was the better player between these ATG centers?
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    66.00%
    Shaquille O'neal
    24.00%
    Don't Know/Equal
    10.00%

I'd say Hakeem.

Comment

shaq since he's got a funny face

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I'd say Hakeem.
        Agreed. Hakeem was easily the best center that I've ever seen. His footwork and versatility were incredible.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day.

They both used their strengths to gain advantages over their opponents equally as good.

Shaq scored points, rebounded and played defense with brute force. Especially in his prime.

Hakeem scored points, rebounded and played defense with agility.

Both methods (agility and brute force) were equally advantageous against their opponents.

As Shaq aged with the Lakers, he even became a damn good passer; although he was never truly given enough credit for such feature in his game.

Hakeem was a damn good passer with the Rockets.

Who was better? Hakeem use to school Shaq when he was in his prime. But I also remember Shaq learning and gradually getting better against Hakeem as he got older.

Prime for prime, they're even; but when they played against each other, Hakeem got the better in the head to head matchup, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have the greater legacy.

It's damn close.

Comment

H2H all advantages go to hakeem except strength and power...

not that olajuwon is "weak", prime shaq was simply a force of nature...

Comment

Now that I think about it, what really hurts Shaq is his free throw shooting.

It's sort of a gift and a curse because he could get the other team in foul trouble, but he just couldn't make a damn free throw to save his life.

Hakeem wasn't as good as getting the other team in foul trouble, but when he got to the line, he made them pay.

Comment

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
                2. Olajuwon
                3. O'Neal

Comment

I think most NBA players would pick Shaq to be on their team over Olujawon.

But both were special players for sure.

Hakeem did school a young Shaq to the delight of many.

Comment

Seems like every sport has a guy like Shaq who is so dominant mainly because of size with the added skill. Schilt to kickboxing, jones to mma, Klitschkos to boxing, bolt to track and field, phelps in swimming etc etc.

I hated when Shaq was playing. Olajuwon is way more skilled.

Comment

Working...
                    X