Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN Boxing fans!! Arums comments about Mosley AFTER the Mora fight *SELF OWNAGE*!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Boxing fans!! Arums comments about Mosley AFTER the Mora fight *SELF OWNAGE*!!

Asked AFTER THE MORA FIGHT if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,"
    Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules),"Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

Read FULL ARTICLE http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz18tos3dmT

"Yesterday I was lying, today I am telling the truth"
    ---Bob Arum
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 12-22-2010, 09:54 PM.

wow Arum this was 3 months ago...did Mosley find the Tree Of Life or Fountain of Youth?

Comment

you knowhow they do

Comment

But, But, But, Arum has lied before. It's going to be a great fight, action packed.

Comment

haha, typical arum

Comment

one of these boxing journalists needs to ask arum about this quote the next time they interview him, i would love to see how arum tries to spin it

Comment

But, Bob Arum inspite of his comments past & present, is very much around, still alive, and kicking and his Top Rank promotion is on top of Boxing Promotions! The Old Man continues to lead his company.

Comment

Where you at, Check Hooks?

Comment

bob arum himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    one of these boxing journalists needs to ask arum about this quote the next time they interview him, i would love to see how arum tries to spin it
                    I agree

Comment

Working...
                    X