No announcement yet.

Blueprint to beat Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
    Get him the early rounds before he adjusts. cuz if he did, pacs in trouble but will still cruise away with a UD.

Rock his equilibrium with a clean shot like shane did, step back with a counter right hook (because he will try to clinch)Keep distance and let him wobble for a quick second, then ATTACK with 8 -12 combination non-stop pedal to the metal. If he doesn’t go down, itll be a TKO.

post youre ideas.
    the blueprint is: constant pressure in the 1st and 3rd minutes of each round. in the 2nd minute, keep him guessing. with floyd, you cannot have a pattern but at the same time, you have to pressure him with head movements and holding. Thats why I think Amir Khan has the perfect style to give Floyd trouble.

Pac also has the perfect style, but he doesn't have the reach to do it. Amir has both. I'm not saying Amir would win, but I think he would give floyd the hardest fight from anyone right now.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
      to be honest..if you cant ko floyd..you're gonna lose..no 1 is out boxing floyd right now...aint happening
      I agree....

Comment

Not sure if the blue print exists at the moment.

What I mean by that is I think a guy with a tall, lean body, that can box intelligent from the outside and use range could beat floyd. Like the body of Paul Williams except with boxing skills. Think Tommy Hearns.

Pacquiao is the best chance though but I think he would have to knock him out or hurt him badly.

Comment

You need a great jab. The jab is what opened up that big shot for Shane. But Shane is not a jabber. He just flicks his jab out there as a measuring tool. Floyd doesn't fight guys with jabs unless they are past their prime (cough de la hoya cough).

Comment

yea people forget mosley has a 74 inch reach,floyd has a 72..and wait for it...manny has a 67 inch reach..he cant do what mosley did

Comment

Hurt him in the early rounds, and dont stop with your combos and punches. move around him and give him angles. pac is the only i see capable of doing this. he must hurt floyd to the point were he wont recover in the late rounds and will be somewhat stunned still. then pac needs to apply relentless pressure and try to get some roudns in the bag to make it close.

easier said then done though...

Comment

manny is not a very skilled fighter, he is just a buzzsaw that comes at you with punches from diff angles. mayweather is gonna counter that ass all day. pac is great, but he is sloppy and makes mistakes....

Comment

i know how to do it

but i wont tell you cause Ts is a pac fan and he'll go straight to fredie roach and tell him how to do it and i dont want to see floyd loose

true story i m sorry

Comment

Cheat...

It's the only way.

Comment

Rock his equilibrium with a clean shot like shane did, step back with a counter right hook (because he will try to clinch)Keep distance and let him wobble for a quick second, then ATTACK with 8 -12 combination non-stop pedal to the metal. If he doesn’t go down, itll be a TKO.
                      You realise that he doesn't lunge in to clinch so the ''counter right'' wouldn't work. When he clinched Mosley he did it the moment he connected essentially. When he couldn't clinch him on the second big shot he put his guard up.

Diving in isn't something he does. Manny's best chance would be to catch him with a sleeper, his defence sky rockets when he is hurt so stunning him likely wouldn't be enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X