Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny or Floyd: Who's had the best opponent in last five fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A win against JMM and suddenly Bradley has gone from garbage to a great fighter? Pacquiao fans are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      I don't believe Bradley or Marquez could move up to 154 and beat Cotto or Canelo. I don't believe Rios would beat Ortiz or Guerrero. And the Mosley that Floyd fought beats every guy on Manny's list including Manny himself. He was the #1 Welter in the world and Manny's team wanted no parts of em, Floyd did.

Really? What changed between the Mosley that fought Mayweather and the Mosley that Manny fought? Did Mayweather destroy him, did he put that much of a beating on him? Was Mosley completely ruined after he fought Mayweather? The truth is Mosley was done as early as 2007. He beat a dehydrated, 145.8 lb. at the weigh in, Margarito and the hype was back. What makes you think Mosley would beat everyone including Manny based on his terrible performance against Mayweather?

Comment

When was the last time Pac actually fought a WW???? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
          A win against JMM and suddenly Bradley has gone from garbage to a great fighter? Pacquiao fans are hilarious.
          Michael, it PAINEs me to say this but YOU are hilarious!

I guess Pac fans are in charge of making the P4P list because they have Bradley at, I believe #3 P4P. Marquez and Manny are also on that list. So all 3 are ahead of any of Floyd's opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post

Really? What changed between the Mosley that fought Mayweather and the Mosley that Manny fought? Did Mayweather destroy him, did he put that much of a beating on him? Was Mosley completely ruined after he fought Mayweather? The truth is Mosley was done as early as 2007. He beat a dehydrated, 145.8 lb. at the weigh in, Margarito and the hype was back. What makes you think Mosley would beat everyone including Manny based on his terrible performance against Mayweather?
            I noticed that you didn't refute any of my other points in the post lol, but that's neither here nor there. As it pertains to Shane Mosley, you can try all you want but the good thing about the real world is that facts exist, I'll give you a few.

Shane was #3 on every P4P List that mattered at the time
            Shane was universally recognized as the #1 Welter Weight in the World.
            The majority of the boxing world was screaming for a Floyd/Shane fight after Floyd beat Marquez.
            The majority of the boxing world and the majority of the posters on this forum claimed that Floyd was afraid of Shane and that he would duck him.
            When Floyd won the fight, THEN AND ONLY THEN, was Shane looked at by the majority of the boxing world as a shot fighter. Not going into the fight, but after the beating he took, Critics and fans diminished Shane to discredit the win for Floyd.

Regardless of what you personally feel about Shane Mosley, these are the irrefutable facts.

What makes me think the Shane that Floyd fought beats Bradley, Marquez, Rios and Manny? Boxing ability, punching power and Ring IQ. Shane has those 3 attributes over Rios and Bradley, not too mention his hand speed which wasn't bad at the age of 38. Juan and Manny are just as smart as Shane in the ring, if not smarter. But Juan has no shot against him. Far too big and far too fast.

Manny Pacquiao does not have the tools to outbox the #1 Welter in the world that was Shane Mosley. He does not have the physical strength nor punching power to keep Shane off of him if he were to make it a dog fight, Manny would have been out gunned, Freddie agree's, which is why he wanted him at 142 pounds.

To answer your question, the difference between the Shane Manny fought and the one Floyd fought, was that 1 Shane was recognized by the majority of the boxing world as a legitimate threat. He was a world champion, #1 in his weight class and a pound for pounder. The other Shane was a shell of himself. Older, shot and hadn't won a fight in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Michael, it PAINEs me to say this but YOU are hilarious!

I guess Pac fans are in charge of making the P4P list because they have Bradley at, I believe #3 P4P. Marquez and Manny are also on that list. So all 3 are ahead of any of Floyd's opponents.
              No one's disputing that, those are facts. Although, Tim was not top 3 when he fought Manny, but he was top 10. Don't know what you were trying to do there, but anyway. That's not what our dear Friend Michael was pointing out. He was stating that the majority of Manny fans, take you for example, were claiming that Tim Bradley wasn't that good. He went on to beat Marquez, now you guys love em.

Comment

I noticed that you didn't refute any of my other points in the post lol, but that's neither here nor there. As it pertains to Shane Mosley, you can try all you want but the good thing about the real world is that facts exist, I'll give you a few.

Shane was #3 on every P4P List that mattered at the time
                Shane was universally recognized as the #1 Welter Weight in the World.
                The majority of the boxing world was screaming for a Floyd/Shane fight after Floyd beat Marquez.
                The majority of the boxing world and the majority of the posters on this forum claimed that Floyd was afraid of Shane and that he would duck him.
                When Floyd won the fight, THEN AND ONLY THEN, was Shane looked at by the majority of the boxing world as a shot fighter. Not going into the fight, but after the beating he took, Critics and fans diminished Shane to discredit the win for Floyd.

Regardless of what you personally feel about Shane Mosley, these are the irrefutable facts.

What makes me think the Shane that Floyd fought beats Bradley, Marquez, Rios and Manny? Boxing ability, punching power and Ring IQ. Shane has those 3 attributes over Rios and Bradley, not too mention his hand speed which wasn't bad at the age of 38. Juan and Manny are just as smart as Shane in the ring, if not smarter. But Juan has no shot against him. Far too big and far too fast.

Manny Pacquiao does not have the tools to outbox the #1 Welter in the world that was Shane Mosley. He does not have the physical strength nor punching power to keep Shane off of him if he were to make it a dog fight, Manny would have been out gunned, Freddie agree's, which is why he wanted him at 142 pounds.

To answer your question, the difference between the Shane Manny fought and the one Floyd fought, was that 1 Shane was recognized by the majority of the boxing world as a legitimate threat. He was a world champion, #1 in his weight class and a pound for pounder. The other Shane was a shell of himself. Older, shot and hadn't won a fight in 3 years.
                Mosley was ranked that way, NOT for what he accomplished in mid 2010. You can almost say not even for what he accomplished in 2009 since the indicator was for beating, in January 2009, a brickless Margarito who just got caught and that was a whole 16 months prior to the Floyd fight .

Now if you are the man who calls himself, "Unbiased" then you will concur that Mosley's state after that fight with Margarito was NOT the same Mosley who was INACTIVE and OLD (admitted by FLOYD) ..... There were even more indications but the point is with so much time elapsed, the ranking is meaningless for OLD Mosley! Mosley has not won a fight since January 2009

Comment

No one's disputing that, those are facts. Although, Tim was not top 3 when he fought Manny, but he was top 10. Don't know what you were trying to do there, but anyway. That's not what our dear Friend Michael was pointing out. He was stating that the majority of Manny fans, take you for example, were claiming that Tim Bradley wasn't that good. He went on to beat Marquez, now you guys love em.
                  All I said was that Bradley didn't beat Manny but leading into the fight, most people were saying that Bradley will be a very tough fight for Manny. I thought so too and I remember Max Kellerman giving Bradley great odds of winning. I never said that Bradley is not good. I wouldn't rank him #3 P4P right now but that is just me .... So that even goes against what was said by him.

BTW , he said "A win against JMM and suddenly Bradley .... " so that is why I said Bradley is currently #3 P4P ..... far from garbage as was stated by Michael P.
                  Last edited by ADP02; 11-25-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Mosley was ranked that way, NOT for what he accomplished in mid 2010. You can almost say not even for what he accomplished in 2009 since the indicator was for beating, in January 2009, a brickless Margarito who just got caught and that was a whole 16 months prior to the Floyd fight .

Now if you are the man who calls himself, "Unbiased" then you will concur that Mosley's state after that fight with Margarito was NOT the same Mosley who was INACTIVE and OLD (admitted by FLOYD) ..... There were even more indications but the point is with so much time elapsed, the ranking is meaningless for OLD Mosley! Mosley has not won a fight since January 2009
                    Here's where your argument means nothing, you ready? lol...ok

When the Berto fight was cancelled, what was the boxing world calling for? lol, What did the world of boxing fans, critics, and analysts alike say they wanted to see?

I'll give you a hint, it happened May 1st 2010....goodnight.

Comment

All I said was that Bradley didn't beat Manny but leading into the fight, most people were saying that Bradley will be a very tough fight for Manny. I thought so too and I remember Max Kellerman giving Bradley great odds of winning. I never said that Bradley is not good. I wouldn't rank him #3 P4P right now but that is just me .... So that even goes against what was said by him.

BTW , he said "A win against JMM and suddenly Bradley .... " so that is why I said Bradley is currently #3 P4P ..... far from garbage as was stated by Michael P.
                      Fact is, Tim Braldey, reagardless of how anyone feels about him personally is a good fighter. He's ranked for a reason and was the man at 140 when Manny fought him. Manny took a fight many Floyd fans and Pacquiao critics said that he would not take or would lose and Manny beat him, he gets full credit for that.

I'm not going to be like other posters on this forum, you may know a few, who will claim a fighter is afraid of someone or will duck someone, and then when the fight gets made and the fighter i was rooting against wins, discredit him.

Not pointing any fingers lol

Comment

Working...
                      X