No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Highest paid Athlete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Highest paid Athlete

I know many of you will hate him until he dies and are glad he is in jail over a domestic charge where no one was hurt.....

but still

-- The world's highest-paid athlete is in jail. The guy in second place just lost a title fight, and the man who held the distinction for a decade is now third.

Forbes has released its list of the 100 highest paid athletes, and boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., nicknamed "Money," is No. 1.

Mayweather, who made $85 million for two fights last year, is currently serving a three-month jail sentence in Las Vegas for domestic battery.

Boxer Manny Pacquiao is second on the magazine's list at $62 million from earnings and endorsements. Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight title to Timothy Bradley earlier this month.

Tiger Woods, No. 1 on the list since 2001, made $59.4 million to place third.

LeBron James of the Miami Heat is fourth ($53 million). He is one of 13 basketball players on the list.

Tennis star Roger Federer is fifth at $52.7 million.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0..._1607490.html?
    Last edited by DoomCity202; 06-20-2012, 09:56 PM.

the two highest paid athletes are boxers. Now more people will start watching boxing again and more people will aspire to be boxers, thus creating more competition and better match ups

Comment

Just means they're overpaid for fighting fights that people don't even want to see.

Comment

Boxing is dying apparently

Comment

I hope this makes more and more kids want to be boxers. When you reach that absolute pinnacle you make more than any athlete period.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
            Boxing is dying apparently
            apparently it is indeed

Comment

Originally posted by DoomCity202 View Post
              I know many of you will hate him until he dies and are glad he is in jail over a domestic charge where no one was hurt.....

but still

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0..._1607490.html?

You might have the greatest sig ever.

Comment

If Mayweather made 85 mil, that means he's only really making 42.5. Uncle Sam is taking 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  If Mayweather made 85 mil, that means he's only really making 42.5. Uncle Sam is taking 50%.
                  I would take one mil

Comment

Its not how you make it, its how you spend and save it, goodluck Mayweather after your career... I will probably have more money in few years..hehhe

Comment

Working...
                    X