Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather wouldn't have gotten any credit had it been at a catchweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
    Its funny how Floyd is ducking Shane, when Floyd was ringside at Shane's fight with Vargas, and when May asked him about the fight, Shane said he had a tooth ache and wanted to go on vacation. Now I like Shane, a lot, but if you are going to bash Floyd for "DUCKING" Shane, then tell the WHOLE story. Anyways, IMO, that fight should have ALREADY happened at 35, when Shane was younger and in his prime. The fans will call for that fight, then May will win, then NSB will bash Floyd for calling out and fighting an OLD Shane Mosley...it NEVER fails!
    are you really going to blame Mosley not fighting Mayweather (then a nobody) and jumping a weight class and fighting De La Hoya, a man who was considered a better fighter at the time and was the bigger fight??

I swear you *****s have no shame..

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Answer, he wasn't gonna get any credit had it been at a catch weigh of 143-144, so why should it matter now?

The only difference now is that Mayweather isn't gonna get any credit, wait that isn't a difference
      you think pbf cares whether guys on a forum will give him credit?

lmao

he just wanted the easiest , big money fight possible.

Comment

Really am I wrong? I called this fight a tune up from the start

ALOT of people here on boxingscene said they wasn't gonna give him any credit, Mayweather is in the same boat as before.
        Man, you know you're making a lame attempt at justifying this. Be real. I love Floyd, but this is bull**** on principal. The outcome won't change, Marquez gets KO'd at 140, 144, or 147, it's just the principal, the mentality of Floyd. It's really ****ing lame.

This is the first thing Floyd has ever done that I actually have a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
          Who would bash him if he fought Cotto or Williams?
          I dont think anyone would PRE fight..but after the results of the fight, the bashing would come ROLLLING in!

Comment

It is a tune up, JMM never stood a chance, he was never gonna beat Floyd. The only thing JMM will get out of this is good money. In the end, JMM still has a whoppin coming for him
            nnaaaaaaahhhhhh.................for you stans maybe................but PBF just broke the camel's back................if this is true ofcourse

Comment

Yes he won't get credit at 144 but at 147 he will have a negative credit.

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
                Its funny how Floyd is ducking Shane, when Floyd was ringside at Shane's fight with Vargas, and when May asked him about the fight, Shane said he had a tooth ache and wanted to go on vacation. Now I like Shane, a lot, but if you are going to bash Floyd for "DUCKING" Shane, then tell the WHOLE story. Anyways, IMO, that fight should have ALREADY happened at 35, when Shane was younger and in his prime. The fans will call for that fight, then May will win, then NSB will bash Floyd for calling out and fighting an OLD Shane Mosley...it NEVER fails!
                Considering Shane's big win over Margarito early this year, I have not seen one person saying Floyd beating Shane means nothing now.

But Floyd asking Marquez to fight at 147 when inevitably Floyd is going to fight WW's is just a sign that he wants huge money even for a tune-up. He needs someone else with him to generate some buzz and being there aren't any WWs with a name available, he took the next route which is the #2 fighter in the world who happens to be a Lightweight.

I've been following Boxing for many years and though I'm a fan of Floyd as a fighter, he doesn't fit the mold of a champion who takes the big challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                  you think pbf cares whether guys on a forum will give him credit?

lmao

he just wanted the easiest , big money fight possible.
                  P4P, I'd still see this as a mismatch, people argue that JMM shouldn't be seen as a tune up, I disagree there. Atleast we can agree on that Tua Man

Comment

P4P, I'd still see this as a mismatch, people argue that JMM shouldn't be seen as a tune up, I disagree there. Atleast we can agree on that Tua Man
                    it's a tuneup.

floyd just wants to get back in the ring.

his goal is manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                      it's a tuneup.

floyd just wants to get back in the ring.

his goal is manny.
                      Tua Man, You on my good side today

Comment

Working...
                      X