Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Must Read Article From Washington Post. Very Good Well Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must Read Article From Washington Post. Very Good Well Done!

'Two fights left'

It is late in the day, the sun is already falling, and Roach is tired. He sits behind his desk, his tremors getting the best of him. He is suddenly that quivering tuning fork again. He goes into a bathroom to take some pills for his Parkinson's. He reemerges, munches on a few peanuts for protein, and looks out across the gym, in search of a little peace.

The strangest thing is that he always finds it here, he says. The sport that damaged him is now his best medication, his salvation. A young fighter shyly shuffles up to him, looking for advice, and Roach turns, mumbles something about the importance of using the jab and sends the kid on his way. And then Pacquiao reappears, draping an arm around him, whispering something in his ear.

"Son, nine o'clock, remember," Roach answers. "Don't make me come over. It's important."

Fighter and trainer look at each other for a moment. What passes between them is as powerful as a jolting uppercut, the very thing that sometimes redeems this brutal sport, and the men in it.

Pacquiao nods. "Word of honor, coach."

"You know I gotta watch after this, Manny."

Roach watches the fighter stroll back to his worshipful entourage. "Two fights left," Roach says, that trembling left hand carefully inserting another peanut in his mouth. "That's what I hope. Just two. I'm the one who has to make sure he gets out of it okay."

Read More.....
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030801927.html

great read.

thanks

Comment

pac is rocky balboa in flesh.

Comment

Working...
      X