Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an Atheist Church Make Nonbelievers Nicer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    I was specifically thinking about this part of your post when I wrote that:

And I'm saying, NO!!! If you call yourself an Atheist, you're making a statement and you're ready to back it up, via heated argument's/debate or just plain bash some religious-wingnut ass. That's ALL IT IS. Otherwise, you might as well call yourself 'non-religious' (as I suggested) and get on with your 'positive' life.

Atheism isn't tattooed on anybodies forehead (well there are always exceptions).
    Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    So in conclusion Noose,

I disagree with your soft stance on Atheism. It's not that big of a deal. Lets just save that crap for the professional self-promoters like S.E. Cupp, who are pushing book sales.

If you self-identify as an Atheist, tussling with religious people in your spare time is the only thing to get out of it. Squealpiggy is a damn role model for that.
    Brain aint working right now, but i'll give it a go...

I usually try not to label myself anything, because people put you in a box. And i dont usually call myself an atheist. But i dont see why i shouldnt, if thats what i am. If people now think atheism = anti-religion, they are in the wrong. I understand that is what atheism has become online, and maybe in some parts of the world, but it shouldnt be. In the same way saying you are a muslim shouldnt automatically mean you are anti-west and pro-suicide bombings.

I have called my self agnostic (i know agnosticism p1sses people off somehow, but i used it to say i dont claim to know there is no God, i just dont believe there is), and have called myself non-religious, but there are so many believers in God, and even Jesus, who would call themselves non-religious.
    So, i could call myself non-religious, but what would that change? I get into discussions because usually i want to explain my point of view as an atheist.
    If atheism is just the opposite of theism, then it shouldnt be seen as anti-religion, nor is it the same as non-religious.

Comment

And i would **** the monkey out of S.E.Cupp.

Comment

Working...
      X