Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could This Camp Hurt Khan For His Next Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could This Camp Hurt Khan For His Next Fight?

The Peterson issue came out 10 days before the scheduled fight and Khan would have been more or less at the peak of his training. Now he gets 2 weeks (approx) for rest before he starts his camp for the next fight.

Could him being at his peak now result in him being over trained for the next bout?0

thats why he's having a break in london now

good point though. you should be a trainer rotfl

Comment

Originally posted by kojak95 View Post
      thats why he's having a break in london now

good point though. you should be a trainer rotfl
      That's the thing. His break is about 2 weeks, so when he starts his training camp he will be very close to his peak in sharpness, power etc but the camp will be about 5 weeks.

5 weeks training on top of your peak strengths isn't a good idea.

about being a trainer.

Comment

Definitely possible...he's young so he should be ok, but I'll be surprised if he takes on some top level opponent next because of this. hope im wrong and they find a fight that is meaningful

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          That's the thing. His break is about 2 weeks, so when he starts his training camp he will be very close to his peak in sharpness, power etc but the camp will be about 5 weeks.

5 weeks training on top of your peak strengths isn't a good idea.

about being a trainer.
          nah i think he'll be ok. roach knows what he's doing

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Definitely possible...he's young so he should be ok, but I'll be surprised if he takes on some top level opponent next because of this. hope im wrong and they find a fight that is meaningful
            me too. he has to fight a big name . if you notice he does best
            against big name opponents .look what he did to barrera and judah
            he seems to go to sleep againts the lower class fighters

Comment

no I doubt it
              they will work round things so that Khan peaks in time for July fight

Comment

there is no way khan will be at his peak peak condition, no way because he will just be taking a few weeks off and then he will be training for another 4-6 weeks

they just need to make sure khan does not face a top top fighter, a good boxer is ok enough for khan to win

Comment

Working...
                X