Marquez's best wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    pacquiao's style is the type marquez eats up
    pacquiao can't use his usual footwork and alot of his speed is neutralized by being forced to chase and be left reaching at marquez

except for the third fight, marquez' feet were slow as hell by that point, but he made up with it by getting real bulk and strong as fuk so as to keep pacquiao off with heavy shots

pacquiao is just an atg, he fights marquez on his terms and still wins(most of the time)
    It goes both ways. Pacquiao's speed and athleticism give JMM major troubles. You see how his footwork and use of angles troubled Marquez in the 4th fight. The odds are not stacked against Pacman when they fight. It's a battle of evenly matched men. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
      Consider the big jump in talent from Pacquiao to the guys Marquez beat is not merely big. It's an abyss. Again and again I have the opinon Marquez was lucky to have boxed at the right time, right era.

If Pacquiao had the mentality of Floyd of not giving rematches, and wasn't actually cheated on the card by an ignorant judge in the first fight, there wouldn't be 4 and possibly 5 fights.

I used to help drum up interest for fight #5. But seeing how sour Marquez like his favorite drink, I just wish after Pac retakes the WBO belt Marquez won't be given the opportunity to challenge Pac and Bradley again. Just look at who he is fighting next, a bum in Mexico City. He could've fought Rios, Provo, or Alvarado at 147 for no belts but does not want to be exposed for what a shiet fighter he is above lightweight.

Marquez got it good compared to Floyd and Pacquiao. While the two gets flak everytime they choose an easier opponent, Marquez gets a free pass. Just imagine Pac fighting the likes of a Likar Ramos while he waits for a Mayweather fight to materialize. He'll be crucified and won't even be considered anywhere near p4p rankings. Floyd gets a bit pampered bacause he is American. He gets fighters like Canelo, Ortiz, and Guerrero and people believe that merits Fighter of the Year. But back to Marquez, even if he just fought notable jrW and WW's on the level of Floyd's opponents, surely I won't be pissing on his career.
      Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
      It goes both ways. Pacquiao's speed and athleticism give JMM major troubles. You see how his footwork and use of angles troubled Marquez in the 4th fight. The odds are not stacked against Pacman when they fight. It's a battle of evenly matched men. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
      two great posts, especially from mr pizza, JMM spent so long fighting sub par opponents and going to war with b or c list sluggers like Katisidis and Juan Diaz...please don't give me this whole crap about how good Diaz was then. He was a student turned fighter who did ok against limited opponents.

JMM is great, don't get me wrong but his run at the top was mediocre if you take out Pac and an almost shot Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
        pacquiao's moments of angles are few in marquez fights as he only gets them when marquez is the one who attacks, which is not often

in the 4th it was not footwork that troubled marquez it was pacquiao steady pressuring(closing in with intelligent fients) and potshotting/countering, potshotting esspecially which old marquez has shown to be hugely vulnerable against with his shot reflexes

Comment

Working...
        X