Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    none of those guys did anything after 4 rounds and yet they gave him trouble? He literally never lost a round after the 4th and he had trouble? Come on now.

What Arum says is just old stuff. The fact is comparing Cotto's left to Pac's left is stupid & makes no sense. One is a jab and the other is the guys power hand. There lefts arent even on the same side.

I say what Arum says is old stuff is because it did use to be somewhat true but just like anything else, with more experince you figure out more & more things. When Floyd started he had some trouble but he fought more of them.

His shoulder roll didnt use to work as well so thats why people said that but then Floyd stopped using the shoulder roll against them and had alot less problems. Now he's gotten so comfortable against them that he actually brought the shoulder roll back out against Ortiz and was blocking punches in that stance.

Obviously Southpaw will always be rouger for him than a righty. Its like that for everyone but its not a problem like it was when he was younger and he fights them 10x better than anyone else in boxing. He's very comfortable against that stance now. Its not perfect and will never be but its as good as it can be
    and this is the truth for almost every single fighter in the world. but the way its magnified with floyd is ludicrous.

Comment

It's easy to see southpaws would give Mayweather more trouble. But the degree of trouble has to be seen. Especially with Pac's lateral movement to square up Mayweather easier.

Comment

This is so dumb on so many levels. Can one of you name a southpaw who beat Floyd? Now name one who you believe can beat Floyd .

Comment

[QUOTE=Mana$$aMauler;12149920]Let's break it down...

Floyd fought true southpaws in only 16% of his fights. That's NOT A LOT.
          He has faced 7 southpaws in his entire career

the first 3 don't count because, they were canon fodder early in Floyds career...

The latter 4?

Chop chop Corley - gave Floyd trouble-wide ud-floyd never fell.BUT chop chop did

Sharmba Mitchell - way past his prime when facing Floyd-ko

Zab Judah - gave Floyd trouble-wide ud

Victor Ortiz - gave Floyd trouble-ko

Bottomline - Floyd may have won against the few southpaws he's faced, but [B][U]Floyd has trouble with southpaws.[/boy stop.............

Comment

All conventional fighters have problems with southpaws, just like all SP's have problems with str8 rights coming from an ortho stance. This isn't news.

Comment

Originally posted by Mana$$aMauler View Post
              Let's break it down...

Floyd fought true southpaws in only 16% of his fights. That's NOT A LOT.
              He has faced 7 southpaws in his entire career

the first 3 don't count because, they were canon fodder early in Floyds career...

The latter 4?

Chop chop Corley - gave Floyd trouble

Sharmba Mitchell - way past his prime when facing Floyd

Zab Judah - gave Floyd trouble

Victor Ortiz - gave Floyd trouble

Bottomline - Floyd may have won against the few southpaws he's faced, but Floyd has trouble with southpaws.
              LOL

Comment

Floyd has DOMINATED EVERY SOUTHPAW HE HAS FACED

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                  Floyd has DOMINATED EVERY SOUTHPAW HE HAS FACED
                  Damn if this is dominating I don't know what it means anymore lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Ortiz clearly dominating floyd in the fourth round before the head butt.

Anyway, arum makes a lot of sense. I think it's what Floyd senior is scared about. Floyd having to fight a southpaw and is also heavy handed as well as speed = the end of his unbroken record.. Not that I don't agree Castillo won the first fight with Floyd. Castillo clearly won that, Hands down..
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 05-20-2012, 04:39 AM.

Comment

floyd is the most well rounded fighter in boxing bar none, he adapts better to his oponents than anyone in the sport. u telling me he cant deal with a lefty? please..

floyd prefers to fight right handers, but so does 99,9% of the fighters out there other southpaws included. you see more right handers so you are more used to fighting them, you have to adapt when you fight a lefty. but like mentioned nobody today adapts better than floyd.

floyd doesnt really have a style, hes got styles. plural, plenty of em. he will apply whichever one he has to in order to come out on top. a lefty is no issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      Damn if this is dominating I don't know what it means anymore lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Ortiz clearly dominating floyd in the fourth round before the head butt.

Anyway, arum makes a lot of sense. I think it's what Floyd senior is scared about. Floyd having to fight a southpaw and is also heavy handed as well as speed = the end of his unbroken record.. Not that I don't agree Castillo won the first fight with Floyd. Castillo clearly won that, Hands down..

STFU.. thats about as pointless as this^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X