No announcement yet.

Shane Carwin to recieve $40,000 for Lesnar fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Shane Carwin to recieve $40,000 for Lesnar fight

How is this possible? This fight will probably do close to a million buys which translates to 40-50 mil in PPV revenue alone and the fighters in the Main event will make less than 500k combined.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...n-Carwin-25456

UFC does **** numbers do not believe the numbers you hear the biggest event ever was UFC 100 and I know an inside source who is a PPV distributor told me it did about 925,000 to 930,000. He said they only average about 250,000 to 300,000 PPV buys a month.

Comment

still man, even with the numbers you mentioned, you would think he would make at least 500K

Comment

for as long as i've heard .... Dana White has always paid his fighters peanuts .... it's not like boxing, Dana is like Everyones promoter and only offers them low money like 40k ... and promises them, "hey if you win, you'll get a lot more money to headline the next ppv" .... and they pretty much have no choice, take it, or fight in the undercard for 15k

Comment

what about brocky? how much is he gettin?

Comment

40k thats fnf main event money,**** on the otherhand i would fight lesnar for 40 k.

Comment

Originally posted by - FELiX - View Post
              he's making like 400k from what i heard .....

Comment

Originally posted by - FELiX - View Post
                I believe Brock has been six figures. I am not surprised Dana low balls his fighters, but Carwin? He is the interim champ and fighting Brock in the main event. $40,000 is an insult. Carwin is a working engineer, so I am sure he's doing well, but what about other fighters who only fight for a living. Some contenders only get only $10,000-$15,000!

Comment

40K, my god that is awful.

Comment

wow, that sucks! i guess it's the way UFC works with contracts, unlike boxing's main event where they bargain for it. hope the contract runs out and Shane would get what he deserves.

Comment

Working...
                    X