No announcement yet.

Toughest fighter...ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest fighter...ever

Not necessarily an iron chin but a guy who could take hell and keep giving it right back

Well their are several guys who I would give a 10/10 as far as toughness goes but...The Raging Bull Jake Lamotta stands out. As does Carmen Basilio and Arturo Gatti.

Here are some other guys with absolutely no quit in them.
    Carlos Monzon
    Marvin Hagler
    Mickey Ward
    Ali
    Rocky Marciano
    Joe Frazier
    George Chuvalo
    Jerry Quarry

And Tommy Morrison had a ton of heart. Not a great chin but a lot of heart and balls.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      Not necessarily an iron chin but a guy who could take hell and keep giving it right back
      Of course there is no one correct answer to a question like that. But Matthew Saad Muhammad is as tough as any fighter that I've ever seen.

I'm sure there are dozens of other great choices too.

Comment

Good question. Jim Lampley calls this The Gatti List, I like that name. In addition to the ones already mentioned, I'd go with Chavez Sr., Holyfield and Diego Corrales. Who would you guys add to your all-time Gatti List?

Comment

Marquez for his performance against Pac.... Insanely determined and ballsy.

Comment

I just gotta go with Jake Lamotta.

Comment

Gatti and Holyfield

Comment

Not the thougher ever, but Emanuel Augustus was tough as a nails... he deserve to be mentioned. I saw dozens of his fight, he could takes hell of punches and never clinches or step back.

Comment

Tex Cobb and Chuvalo were cut from the same cloth. To be honest, anybody that qualifies as toughest ever had to have a granite chin and a lot of heart to showcase this.

Comment

Oliver McCall.

Iron chin yes but he could also give as good as he took and still going.

Comment

Working...
                    X