No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril vs. Linares is Finalized For November, Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    100% agree on that one, I really though that was going to be his big moment on a PPV to shine and his face betrayed him. His skin is probably a bigger determent than his chin, but he's been rocked enough to where it has to be a concern.

I just hope he wins this fight, but Abril is no slouch. This fight may not be the most entertaining, but there will be lots of skill and talent on display.
    Without a doubt. Very technical fight that the boxing purist would sit down and study. I do agree that his chin isnt great but I believe his mental weakness/over confidence accentuates that flaw. But his skin is just the bottom of a KFC box. Wet bag if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ayo' View Post
      Without a doubt. Very technical fight that the boxing purist would sit down and study. I do agree that his chin isnt great but I believe his mental weakness/over confidence accentuates that flaw. But his skin is just the bottom of a KFC box. Wet bag if you will.
      That Thompson fight, reminded of Gatti's skin almost. Great comparison BTW

Who do you got winning this one, fellow Lomo?

Comment

I wish this fight would be on tv. I will be rooting for Linares.

Comment

this is probably Linares last chance to make something of himself. Linares is seriously one of the most gifted fighters I've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            That Thompson fight, reminded of Gatti's skin almost. Great comparison BTW

Who do you got winning this one, fellow Lomo?
            Linares by outworking imo. Abril is a VERY good boxer and utilizes the clinch well. I can see Linares feinting him into clinches and responding with combos. Abrils left is kind of looping which I see Linares' right hand hitting home a lot and abrils shots are really LONG; they travel far but that can also be his friend in this match imo with reach and a good boxing IQ. Abril looks great against people who come forward but against someone who can dash in and out and outwork in exchanges what will happen then? But abrils' subtle unorthodoxness is what causes the spoilers and possibly......a bottom of KFC box look. Either way I see Linares edging this out plus it's in Japan. Linares' adootive home. I mean shoot....the man is fluent in japanese.

Comment

i remember making a thread the night abril won his title discussing this fight. glad to see it's actually happening. hopefully it lands on fox sports so i can dvr it if i can't catch it live. as the majority are saying on here, i too favor abril, but it'd be nice to see linares come out on top and make some noise again. he's a really skilled fighter who's entertaining to watch. may the best man, can't wait to catch this one.

Comment

This will be a good fight. I think Linares pulls it off though. wouldnt be surprised if he wins by KO/TKO

Comment

This is scheduled for November 10th, which is a Sunday. Does that mean this is a Sunday morning event in Japan so it's a Saturday night fight in the US?

Comment

Working...
                  X