Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to stop giving a fighter credit for another fighters win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get what Race have to do with anything

STYLES! IT IS THE STYLES THAT I LOOK AT!

Going back to Bute vs Ward...I think Ward would have MURDERED Bute inside and manhandled him and roughed him up and it would have prevented him to get off Offensively, I thought that before Froch Knocked Him Out

With Pacquiao, JMM and Mayweather...again STYLES, JMM is a Counter Puncher and Pacquiao struggles with him badly, Mayweather is an even better and faster Counter Puncher then JMM and he is much BIGGER then JMM with a longer reach

I don't know what motives over has...but for me I pick fights based on STYLES because "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS" not RACE! To beat someone like Mayweather...IT TAKES MORE THEN JUST PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES like Power, Speed and Size
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

This is very true as far majority of fans are saying that Manny had no chance of beating floyd after what they saw Marquez do.

Manny was wrecking Marquez that round then Marquez nailed him.

Great fight, Props to Marquez and Pac for making this fight happen, I really hope they do it again. Honestly as for Floyd there isnt a fight im dying to see him in after this.. Canelo, Guerrero?? No, Maybe Martinez but thats about it..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Doom View Post
        I hate the triangle theory but if Pacquiao has problems with the counter punching Marquez..what's gonna happen when he fights a biggest faster counter puncher.
        If Ali had trouble with the brawling Joe Frazier, then surely he'd have trouble with the bigger much harder hitting George Foreman? Especially as big George ko'd Frazier right?

I just dont think its as simple as one counter puncher = another counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          And like i said, that is all that last night affected in terms of Mayweather, some seem to think it has a bearing on how a Floyd Manny fight would have gone.
          I don't really get what you're whining about. Who is giving Mayweather credit for Marquez's win last night? As far as the fight having no bearing on how a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight would go, that's silly. One of the arguments for why Mayweather would be a clear favorite against Pacquiao has always been that Marquez has exposed some of the holes in Pacquiao's game. Pacquiao's 4 fights with Marquez has given us a clue as to how a potential matchup with Mayweather would look like, and to think otherwise is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            And like i said, that is all that last night affected in terms of Mayweather, some seem to think it has a bearing on how a Floyd Manny fight would have gone.
            good. That's what I asked for. Seeing P4P #1 coming off nearly a 2 year break and humiliating P4P #2 is rare. People were trying to brush that victory off like it was nothing

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              I don't get what Race have to do with anything

STYLES! IT IS THE STYLES THAT I LOOK AT!

Going back to Bute vs Ward...I think Ward would have MURDERED Bute inside and manhandled him and roughed him up and it would have prevented him to get off Offensively, I thought that before Froch Knocked Him Out

With Pacquiao, JMM and Mayweather...again STYLES, JMM is a Counter Puncher and Pacquiao struggles with him badly, Mayweather is an even better and faster Counter Puncher then JMM and he is much BIGGER then JMM with a longer reach

I don't know what motives over has...but for me I pick fights based on STYLES because "STYLES MAKE FIGHTS" not RACE! To beat someone like Mayweather...IT TAKES MORE THEN JUST PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES like Power, Speed and Size
              I mostly agree with you mate, not sure where the race stuff is coming from though?

And yes I would pick Ward to beat Bute, BUT that doesnt mean he gets credit for Froch stopping him... Froch took the fight and Ward didnt, thats all there is to it.

Same with Marquez vs Pac, Marquez is the one that fought him, beat him. Not Mayweather. As i said earlier the only way this relates to Mayweather is it slightly enhances his Marquez win, though there are so many intangibles that are different its hard to assess even that.

Comment

...Pac weighed in higher than Floyd did. <__<...

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  I don't really get what you're whining about. Who is giving Mayweather credit for Marquez's win last night?
                  A lot of people, they're idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                    I haven't seen anyone give Mayweather credit. I think that those people are in you all's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                      there are even bigger idiots who say pac getting ko'd hurts floyd's legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X