Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOTE: New shot of Zimmerman's head! HUGE GASH!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone give me a logical reason on why Zimmerman shouldn't of carried his gun? He did nothing against the law.

I'm sure he's a great citizen that pays all his taxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
      Yes. His gun was licensed and he has the right to carry it.

He didn't know if Trayvon had a gun or not, it would be foolish to confront a suspicious person without a backup plan incase things get ugly.

Let's say Zimmerman had no gun and Trayvon had a knife. If Trayvon would of killed Zimmerman, then what? He would be a fallen hero for giving up his life for his community. Matter fact, if that was the situation, we wouldn't even know who those two were as it wouldn't of gotten any coverage on the media.

Zimmerman was right on everything he did, and if Trayvon really attacked him, Zimmerman was correct on blasting the kid. People have been beaten to death before, we don't know how savage Trayvon was. Maybe after a couple hits he would of left, or maybe he would of kept stomping on Zimmerman's head.

Point is, there's nothing wrong with Zimmerman carrying his firearm. He has the right to carry it.
      You didn't answer the question. I never asked if he has a right to carry a gun, I asked if he was right to follow the kid when told not to. Even if Trayvon Martin fought with him, if he would have never followed him with whatever intent he had which probably wasn't good considering he was carrying a loaded weapon, does that give him the right to kill someone because they were involved in a fight?

The Florida law of no retreat says:

2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE[18]
      776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
      (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.
      Was Zimmerman in danger of losing his life? Being caused great bodily harm? The kid had no weapon and I wouldn't consider a good old fashion ass woopin "great bodily harm"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        You didn't answer the question. I never asked if he has a right to carry a gun, I asked if he was right to follow the kid when told not to. Even if Trayvon Martin fought with him, if he would have never followed him with whatever intent he had which probably wasn't good considering he was carrying a loaded weapon, does that give him the right to kill someone because they were involved in a fight?

Was Zimmerman in danger of losing his life? Being caused great bodily harm? The kid had no weapon and I wouldn't consider a good old fashion ass woopin "great bodily harm"
        Stop replying to this guy until he does some research on what happened.

Comment

I agree he should of stayed in his van. If he would of done so, Martin would still be alive. Either way, the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" which really isn't a command. "We don't need you to do that" is much different to "Don't do that"

Zimmerman made a heroic act with good intentions because he wanted to make sure he didn't get away.

We don't know if his life was really in danger. Nobody knows. One witness saw Martin punching Zimmerman's face in. For how long? I'm not sure. There is a new witness that came forward yesterday I believe and spoke on CNN, said he heard arguments one time, they stopped, a short period afterwards they started again, then they were fighting, he heard a pop.

The witness didn't see who was on top and if the gun went off when they were fighting or if Zimmerman aimed and shot.

Comment

Thank you for finally posting the statute, so people can see what I've been explaining from day one about how the self defense law in Florida works. . .

Now, if Zimmerman was simply getting punched at WHILE in a defensible position on his feet - no way he could justify "reasonably believing" he was at risk of great bodily injury . . . However, if Zimmerman's story is true, and he was ON HIS BACK on the ground, while having his head smashed into the concrete over and over again, then it's definitely questionable as to whether a "reasonable person" would believe to be at risk of great bodily injury. .

Also, IF IT CAN BE PROVEN that it was Zimmerman who was screaming for help - that would tend to corroborate his belief of being in danger. . Those were screams of BLOODY F-ING MURDER. . . VERY disturbing to listen to. . And they continued for at least 30 seconds (which would seem like a LIFETIME if somebody had you mounted helplessly smashing your damn head into the ground)

That's why it's SO CRUCIAL we wait to find out what exactly happened from the time Zimmerman got out of his car, to the events leading up to him shooting Trayvon.
            Last edited by UglyPug; 03-30-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              I agree he should of stayed in his van. If he would of done so, Martin would still be alive. Either way, the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" which really isn't a command. "We don't need you to do that" is much different to "Don't do that"

Is it different? "We don't need you to do that" and "Don't do that" is the same thing to me. Sounds like your arguing semantics. Don't is short for DO NOT. So it sounds as though the dispatcher was telling him not to go after the kid one way or the other. He didn't listen, he went and even if he stopped as he said he did, he was the aggressor initially at least which is enough for me to conclude that if he didn't do that, the kid would still be alive.

Zimmerman made a heroic act with good intentions because he wanted to make sure he didn't get away.

Get away with doing what? Was TM doing something illegal? I don't think so, he was walking back to the home where he was visiting and/or staying. The only think TM did was look suspicious.

We don't know if his life was really in danger. Nobody knows. One witness saw Martin punching Zimmerman's face in. For how long? I'm not sure. There is a new witness that came forward yesterday I believe and spoke on CNN, said he heard arguments one time, they stopped, a short period afterwards they started again, then they were fighting, he heard a pop.

The witness didn't see who was on top and if the gun went off when they were fighting or if Zimmerman aimed and shot.
              Agreed, we don't know what happened but we do know the actions that led to this altercation which were all on GZ.

Comment

I wouldn't consider getting your head smashed into the pavement a "good old fashion ass woopin".

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  Thank you for finally posting the statute, so people can see what I've been explaining from day one about how the self defense law in Florida works. . .

Now, if Zimmerman was simply getting punched at WHILE in a defensible position on his feet - no way he could justify "reasonably believing" he was at risk of great bodily injury . . . However, if Zimmerman's story is true, and he was ON HIS BACK on the ground, while having his head smashed into the concrete over and over again, then it's definitely questionable as to whether a "reasonable person" would believe to be at risk of great bodily injury. .

Also, IF IT CAN BE PROVEN that it was Zimmerman who was screaming for help - that would tend to corroborate his belief of being in danger. . Those were screams of BLOODY F-ING MURDER. . . VERY disturbing to listen to. . And they continued for at least 30 seconds (which would seem like a LIFETIME if somebody had you mounted helplessly smashing your damn head into the ground)

That's why it's SO CRUCIAL we wait to find out what exactly happened from the time Zimmerman got out of his car, to the events leading up to him shooting Trayvon.
                  Yes but what if Zimmerman initiated the confrontation? Doesn't TM have the same right to defend himself from a stranger, at night, approaching him for no reason other than wanting to know who he is? Did GZ let TM know he was neighborhood watch? Did he ask the kid politely?

I think if someone I don't know if following me/chasing me and then grabs me to detain me as some have concluded, then I will definitely defend myself.

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  I wouldn't consider getting your head smashed into the pavement a "good old fashion ass woopin".
                  So he says, yet he was walking around just fine at the police station and wasn't admitted into the hospital which is normal protocol for police to do so they won't get sued in case the person dies while in custody.

If GZ was so severely hurt, why didn't the paramedics take him to the hospital? If your getting your "head smashed into the pavement" wouldn't you suffer some serious injuries requiring immediate medical attention?

He also said he suffered a broken nose, I have had my nose broken 4 times and there's a lot of blood, swelling and even your eyes get black and blue from it.

Comment

Agreed, we don't know what happened but we do know the actions that led to this altercation which were all on GZ.

But Cuauh, that's so easy to say! All because he got out of the car to "follow Trayvon and see what he was up to", DOES NOT MEAN he is the one who confronted Trayvon in a hostile manner. . . Or we don't even know if he was the one who confronted Trayvon at all. . .

Making a mistake by not following orders to stay in your car, does not mean you "caused a fight". . . Especially if your only intent was to "make sure he wasn't doing anything wrong in your neighborhood" We need to know more. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      But Cuauh, that's so easy to say! All because he got out of the car to "follow Trayvon and see what he was up to", DOES NOT MEAN he is the one who confronted Trayvon in a hostile manner. . . Or we don't even know if he was the one who confronted Trayvon at all. . .

Making a mistake by not following orders to stay in your car, does not mean you "caused a fight". . . Especially if your only intent was to "make sure he wasn't doing anything wrong in your neighborhood" We need to know more. . .
                      He was told NOT TO FOLLOW HIM!!!. He's not a cop, he's a fat neighborhood watch guy with a cop complex.

If they tell you not to follow the guy and you do while cursing remarks about F'n punks and how these A-holes always get away with it....it let's be know where his mind is at.

He should't have followed the kid, bottom line. He should have done what he was told to do, be a snitch and call the cops. Which he did 49 times in the past 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X