Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this for ps3, leave your psn on my page if you want.

already a little disappointed, but will do.

Comment

yo son let me know how the game is after u play it

Comment

Went to a midnight release.

The game's graphics are just as smooth as SSF4. Youtube videos don't show the game in its full glory. I'm still playing PS3 games on SDTV's (a BOX tv, yeah) and the game is sexy. If you have a 1080HDTV, the game has an inordinate amount of eye candy. It is just gorgeous to look at. 60 frames per second gameplay. Think of super smooth games like Metal Gear Solid 2, Super Street Fighter 4, and Fight Night Round 4, super smooth.

If you are used to playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2, you might take a little while to get adjusted, but it'll only take you minutes to pick up and play. For those that didn't know, the game has six buttons that you use. Light, Medium, and Fierce attack buttons. Then you have 3 other buttons: launcher, Assist 1, and Assist 2. Seriously, for those that are looking for a fighting game a little more easier to get into, MvC3 is a good choice. The timing for combos are not as strict as in SSF4 where linking sometimes becomes strict. However, in MvC3, the formula for hitting, launching, bouncing opponent off the ground and pulling off a super is both flashy and easy to do. The general perception within the hardcore fighting game community is that the game is too cheap. I tend to state that they should give it some time, but there are some unbelievable things you can pull off with Sentinel with the opponent trapped in the corner. If you have X-factor activated (a feature which allows a player to activate a temporary boost of strength) with Sentinel, a generic 1-2-3-launch combo followed by 1-2-3-rocket punch combo in the air will likely wipe out more than half your life bar. The game seems too simple in some aspects. But don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience. If you are looking for an eye-catching game and some friends that have nothing to do on a friday night, this is your answer. Fun, easy-to-get-into, sexy-looking mayhem.

I haven't played the online yet, but the offline mode has a mission mode (haven't played that either), a training mode, versus (I think) and arcade (which is where you battle your way to Galactus). For those looking for unlockable stuff, there is artwork, displays, endings and characters to unlock the more you play. This is just another reason why it adds to the replay value.

If you are a hardcore fighting gamer, you will probably scoff at this title and pity the sometimes-overly-simple fighting game engine. For those that enjoyed MvC2 and don't mind learning a new system and dealing with a few small detriments, MvC3 is for you. I wasn't going to buy it, but then I got to thinking, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about it before launch. I bought it at midnight, and still haven't had the slightest feeling of regret for purchasing it, having enjoyed this series since its infancy way back when I was a kid during the "X-Men: Children of the Atom" days.

If I can be of any assistance, I'll get back to you as I have to get to class!

PS: Dante from DMC has one of the longest movesets I've ever seen in a 2D fighting game, you'd think his movelist was pulled out of Tekken. His presence in the game reeks of "fanboy service".

Comment

I've adapted real well. The game is fun and my main dude is Haggar.. He is nice.

Comment

Working...
          X