Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you carry a "Licensed" weapon if you were a High Profile athlete?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you carry a "Licensed" weapon if you were a High Profile athlete?

This comes on the recently disclosed news that New York Giants WR Steve Smith was robbed at gun point the Tuesday before Plexico shot himself.

Paul Pierce was also once robbed and severely beat. Sebastian Telefort was also robbed. Sean Taylor was robbed, shot and killed in his home.

There are other incidents as well but those are just off the top of my head.

So if you were a high profile athlete would you carry a "licensed" gun?

You could surely afford professional security if you're a high profile athlete. Keepin a registered gun or 2 in your home is cool, but don't be walkin around wit one.

Comment

No, mainly because I dont like guns.

I would have a security though.

Comment

Well if I was going clubbing or soemthing like that I would hire personal security. But as far as other stuff, I would carry a licensed gun if possible. Remember CC Sebathia was robbed while at his hotel.

Comment

If I was black and had huge diamond stud earrings and platinum chains i might. Alas I am not a wannabe thug like Plax.

Comment

why the quotation marks?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Rizorito View Post
              why the quotation marks?
              For emphasis on legally carrying a gun as opposed to just carrying a weapon illegally or not i.e. Plexico.

Comment

This is the reality of all of that. If you are a celb or a high profile athlete, then guess what.....

You can't do **** an avg person can do. If you look at the examples of most of these people mentioned that were robbed or killed, they were in places that they shouldn't have been in.

In the case of Sean Taylor, he knew those dudes that broke into his house and was hanging around people he shouldn't have been. Setting himself up for a robbery. Now I'm not saying it's fair or even right but unfortunately there are drawbacks from being rich and famous.

There are certian sacrifices you must make when you are in those positions and dumbasses like Plaxico can't understand that. If you want to go out, have security with you or don't wear 1/2 a million dollars in jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                  I have zero sympathy for someone who flosses half a million in jewelry out in public, especially in a big city like New York. What the f.uck do you think is going to happen?

Golden post my nig. "If you flashin it, then you must not want it." - DMX

Comment

Working...
                  X