Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that dre doesn't produce his own stuff or write his own lyrics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    no. hes good.
    He's alright, but San Quinn is better though.

Comment

he produces his own ****, hes the G.O.A.T. (hip-hop) producer imo....but no, most of his verses on 2001 were by ghostwriters, and the sames probly gonna happen for Detox if it ever comes out.

Comment

I don't think Dre's EVER written his own lyrics. Snoop wrote most of his **** on "The Chronic", and he had numerous ghostwriters on "2001" as well.

I remember a while back there was a track that came out of Crooked I called "Say Dr. Dre" and it was basically Crooked rhyming a track he wrote for Dre, you could tell. **** was dope, by the way, maybe it'll make the album should it come out?

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
          I don't think Dre's EVER written his own lyrics. Snoop wrote most of his **** on "The Chronic", and he had numerous ghostwriters on "2001" as well.

I remember a while back there was a track that came out of Crooked I called "Say Dr. Dre" and it was basically Crooked rhyming a track he wrote for Dre, you could tell. **** was dope, by the way, maybe it'll make the album should it come out?
          Don't forget DOC too. I read somewhere DOC wrote for Doggstyle too. But I'm leaning toward that being false.

Comment

Yeah of course he don't make alot of his beats. example Storch made the piano loop to still dre but dre get's credit for the beat...What was more important then the piano loop it's practicly the whole beat... He always has someone behind the scenes like DOC,storch,hi tek,hitman etc.....He's the most overated producer

Comment

Production wise, he does make most of the stuff he gets credit for, but i heard he has co-productions on his own albums. Why? I have no idea.

Lyrics are definitley not his own. Eminem, Royce, Jay, DOC and others do his rhymes. You can sort of tell as to who has written what as Dre raps their flow style to the lyrics.

Comment

I don't get why Dre catches so much flak for not writing his own lyrics. Hes a music producer.

How many big name MCs produce their own tracks?

KILLA RIGHT Yeah of course he don't make alot of his beats. example Storch made the piano loop to still dre but dre get's credit for the beat...What was more important then the piano loop it's practicly the whole beat... He always has someone behind the scenes like DOC,storch,hi tek,hitman etc.....He's the most overated producer
                I love it when Hiphop newbs say dumb**** like this.

Where was Storch, Hi Tek and Hittman for these albums?

NWA & The POSSE
                Eazy Duz It-Eazy E
                Straight Outta Compton-NWA
                No One Can Do It Better-D.O.C.
                Michel'le-Michel'le
                Supersonic-JJ Fad
                100 Miles and Runnin'- NWA
                Ni66az 4 Life-NWA

Where are Storch, Hi Tek and Hittman now in their respective careers compared to Dre at the same stage?

Comment

hip hop newb? There was yella in nwa kid.......The only time he didn't have someone by himself is right after he left death row...Why wasn't he succesfull right after he had left? The reason pac and him didn't like each other was because he took credit for taking daz is beat which happened to be california love...

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    hip hop newb? There was yella in nwa kid.......The only time he didn't have someone by himself is right after he left death row...Why wasn't he succesfull right after he had left? The reason pac and him didn't like each other was because he took credit for taking daz is beat which happened to be california love...

YELLA?

Did you really just say Yella? Have you heard his solo album from 95? Its garbage.

Yellas biggest contribution was knowing where the power buttons were at.

lmao, "Yella".

lol Dre not being successful after leaving any record label.

Daz? If Daz is responsible for Death Rows creations, why aren't artists knocking down his doors for a beat?

****ing newbs

Comment

The truth is likely in the middle. Dre probably has talent as a producer, but not as a lyricist and probably does also get help with some of the production. The reason people critique Dre lyrically (as someone asked) is because he didn't appear on the scene just as a producer, but as a rapper; infact, he was supposed to be a rapper before he was known as a producer. What Dre obviously had over the average producer from the beginning was name recognition (from the influence of the group NWA) so he wasn't one of those producers that really had to put out out good stuff that was indisputably their own to make a name for himself, his name was already made. Because of that, the truth behind what he produces and what he dosen't will probably remain mostly a mystery.
                      Last edited by res; 08-28-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X