Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen Girl's Petition Forces Coke To Drop Controversial Ingredient From All Drinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more worried about the chemicals found in my tap water, but as long as I can drink Coke I guess I'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Wow so now coke isn't gonna give people diabetes right?

Everyone by now knows the multiple health risks involved, but most folks
      are content to let it slide cause it tastes good. They don't care that a major corp. intentionally added harmful ingredients to their food as long as the 2 Liter is 2 for $4 bucks.

Can't let that deal get away.

But let them slip and fall on wet floor at the supermarket, and ambulance chasing lawyers get called for negligence on the part of the supermarket which sells them the food containing the harmful ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
        I'm more worried about the chemicals found in my tap water, but as long as I can drink Coke I guess I'll be fine.
        You mean that tap water they use to mix the Coke in?

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          You mean that tap water they use to mix the Coke in?

I expect drinking soda to be harmful to my health though. If I grab a glass of water it'd be nice to know beforehand if I'm poisoning myself.

Comment

More like ban the stuff that actually kills millions of people that no one goes to prison for.
            The message being sent is if you're guilty of committing a heinous crime, you're going to prison.

If you've got massive wealth you get a slap on the wrist if you're lucky and are just asked to please remove the product from the shelves so they don't harm anyone else.

You're also able to make the decision to buy it. It's a soda, not a drink that causes instant heart attacks and on scene deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
              You're also able to make the decision to buy it. It's a soda, not a drink that causes instant heart attacks and on scene deaths.
              Of course, freedom of choice is always in play. And "time" plays a major role in matters of cause and effect.

So you're implying it's OK to consume a harmful substance as long as there is a time delay between its consumption and is negative effects on the body.

It's all good as long as the consumer knows it's just soda and not an instantly deadly poison. After all, even though its been proven and confirmed to be harmful, at least it doesn't kill a person instantly.

It just takes a little while, perhaps years, to notice any debilitating effects.

And by the time they do find out what caused it, it's too late to do anything about it anyway. Just another customer who bought a product they enjoyed.

Comment

This ingredient has only been known to cause health effects in one patient. He reported " memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride". And all he did was drink between two and four litres of drinks containing BVO every single day.

That's the problem. I'm not one to give much credence to those health food hippy crap dealers who claim that sugar is a poison, but shit the fucking bed, that amount of sugar will kill you much faster that brominated vegetable oil!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  This ingredient has only been known to cause health effects in one patient. He reported " memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride". And all he did was drink between two and four litres of drinks containing BVO every single day.

That's the problem. I'm not one to give much credence to those health food hippy crap dealers who claim that sugar is a poison, but shit the fucking bed, that amount of sugar will kill you much faster that brominated vegetable oil!
                  Some health food hippies do take things too far with the conspiracy stuff.

But it's worth noting Japan and the EU banned BVO in their countries.

Pepsico and Coca Cola took notice and acted accordingly. Perhaps, to avoid further scrutiny and possible massive class action lawsuits.

I've no doubt most folks who enjoy their food could care less about a harmful flame ******ant ingredient affecting them as long as the side effects don't show up immediately.

Cause if it does...

"Then, we'll no doubt have a serious problem in our hands."

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                    I love those Mexican Cokes they sell in the glass bottles. Made with real cane sugar.

Delicious.

They're usually in the ethnic isle at Wal-Mart.
                    What a coincidence! That is the same aisle that I found your mother in!

Comment

Some health food hippies do take things too far with the conspiracy stuff.

But it's worth noting Japan and the EU banned BVO in their countries.

Pepsico and Coca Cola took notice and acted accordingly. Perhaps, to avoid further scrutiny and possible massive class action lawsuits.

I've no doubt most folks who enjoy their food could care less about a harmful flame ******ant ingredient affecting them as long as the side effects don't show up immediately.
                      This is perhaps the silliest thing about foodspicary theories (like what I did there?). They make much about the alternative uses of the chemicals in food. "Ooh BVO is used in factories as a FLAME ******ANT!"

You know which chemical is the world's most widely used flame ******ant? Water.

Comment

Working...
                      X