Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather Doesn't Wait 3 Weeks For Mosley-Berto Winner It's A Double-Duck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather Doesn't Wait 3 Weeks For Mosley-Berto Winner It's A Double-Duck

I'm gonna go ahead and assume this Mayweather-Pac **** is dead for the moment.

Now Pac has made it clear since December that he has to fight in March so that he can prepare for an election. So it's no surprise he has rushed to lock up an opponent for that date.

Mayweather, on the other hand, has no reason to sign to fight anyone else at the moment. He does not need to fight in March and any insistence that he did would be a huge lie considering his proven lack of desire to fight regularly.

If May-Pac does not happen there is no reason for Floyd to fight anyone besides the winner of Mosley-Berto at the end of the month. He has nobody chosen as of now, and the names he has tossed around nobody wants to see.

3 weeks until that fight and I am betting that Floyd rushes out and signs to fight someone because he knows Shane will call him out after beating Berto. Floyd needs to be able to say "Sorry I already have a Matty Hatton megafight signed" so that he isn't exposed for the double ducker he truly is.

Face it. There are only 2 people boxing fans want to see Mayweather fight right now, and he is going out of his way to make sure we wont see either fight anytime soon.

As of right now Floyd has no other opponent in sight as per his team and he himself. So it would make sense for him to wait and see what happens in the Berto Mosley fight. Depending on how the fights goes if it is quick and not a grueling battle the winner could be ready to fight by May?? I would hope he holds off until than and takes on the winner of that fight....Lefty

Comment

double whammy for floyd.. Damn he's getting very clever with this huh??

Comment

Wouldn't this mean that Mayweather would be inactive till the end of the year?

Comment

floyd only wants manny..mannys the only one trying to find other options

Comment

If Pacquiao didn't have to fight the winner of Berto/Mosley, then Floyd shouldn't be expected to either. Have to be objective about that situation.

I particularly don't like the Clottey/Pacquiao fight. I feel that Clottey is getting near that "gate keeper" status in the WW division. But Floyd can't be fighting JWW's either. This cat needs to fight a WW or a JMW and one that is ranked.

Comment

Maybe he'll fight Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                If Pacquiao didn't have to fight the winner of Berto/Mosley, then Floyd shouldn't be expected to either. Have to be objective about that situation.

I particularly don't like the Clottey/Pacquiao fight. I feel that Clottey is getting near that "gate keeper" status in the WW division. But Floyd can't be fighting JWW's either. This cat needs to fight a WW or a JMW and one that is ranked.
                Man **** everything that doesnt involves Floyd vs. Pac. Its amazing how all the Pac fans are jumping up and down that Manny is fighting CLottey a guy whos best win is a shot Judah?

Clottey the guy that gasses out every fight?

Man this fight is bull ****.

All the Pac fans are jumping for joy over CLOTTEY...and all the Floyd fans are screaming for Pac.

Funny.

Comment

Floyd should fight martinez or pwill. Mosley is too old. Coming off an overrated win against margarito. Yes it was impressive, but then again margarito got caught loading his gloves. If you watch the fight, you can tell his punches hardly bothered Mosley. And mosley was dead even with Mayorga.

So floyd really is left with martinez or williams.

Comment

Depending on who wins the Berto-Mosley fight, and in what fashion. I'd love to see the winner fight Floyd. That would be awesome.

I can see either guy giving Floyd a tough fight. You couldn't say Floyd was being a coward if he fought either one. Berto is unproven, but is definitely a threat.

Comment

Working...
                    X