Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever mess around with matched betting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever mess around with matched betting?

Lately I am looking for some ways to make extra money online. I used to bet on boxing fairly frequently with good results.

For those that don't know, it is betting for and against an outcome and profiting on promotional deals (free bets and other incentives).

I don't know of a site where Americans can do lay bets, so I am debating whether or not I want to use it on 2 or more back bets. It cuts into the profits as the margins naturally are adjusted so as to not match up too favorably. Also, it might potentially open you up to alternate outcomes which either creates risk, or further cuts into profits by forcing you to cover those alternate outcomes (such as a draw in boxing).

Does anyone know of a lay bet site that works in America (I know a good British one that I could fool with a VPN, but that to me is even more added risk). Also, does anyone do this without taking advantage of lay betting?

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    Lately I am looking for some ways to make extra money online. I used to bet on boxing fairly frequently with good results.

For those that don't know, it is betting for and against an outcome and profiting on promotional deals (free bets and other incentives).

I don't know of a site where Americans can do lay bets, so I am debating whether or not I want to use it on 2 or more back bets. It cuts into the profits as the margins naturally are adjusted so as to not match up too favorably. Also, it might potentially open you up to alternate outcomes which either creates risk, or further cuts into profits by forcing you to cover those alternate outcomes (such as a draw in boxing).

Does anyone know of a lay bet site that works in America (I know a good British one that I could fool with a VPN, but that to me is even more added risk). Also, does anyone do this without taking advantage of lay betting?
    I've done plenty of matched betting, made a few grand out of it.

I don't know about American sites but I take it the British one you know is Betfair exchange?

If not, there is smarkets who have lower commission and also Ladbrokes. I don't know if those are any good for where you are though.

Comment

What's a match betting?.

I actually came up with a system on betting the parlay on point spread.

In which you just have to really pick 1 or 3 bets that you are very sure will cover and parlay them with other 3 to 5 teams ( those teams you will pick both) to add to your picks. the parlay will make you some profit.

Comment

I attempted this a few weeks back but didn't read the fine print on the "free bets" I signed up for, it ended up being more trouble than it's worth and I gave up.

From what I understand, if you are willing to put some time and effort into it, you can make a decent bit of cash from it, but it's not "quick and easy", you have to put some money in to start with then you slowly accumilate value.

Comment

Yep Louie rigatoni and the rest of the boys still looking for me after that CANELO vs lil floyd fight.

Comment

I never really tried tried this before. Will be checking on this and see how it goes then.

Comment

Didn't realize I ever got any responses on this

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
              I've done plenty of matched betting, made a few grand out of it.

I don't know about American sites but I take it the British one you know is Betfair exchange?

If not, there is smarkets who have lower commission and also Ladbrokes. I don't know if those are any good for where you are though.
              Yeah I knew about betfair. I actually couldn't find an American equivalent. American online betting operations seem to more regulated and far less better friendly. I could have dug deeper, and also could have gone through British sites by changing my IP, but didn't end up pushing forward with it. Might make a go at it at a later time though. Thanks for info.

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
              What's a match betting?.

In which you just have to really pick 1 or 3 bets that you are very sure will cover and parlay them with other 3 to 5 teams ( those teams you will pick both) to add to your picks. the parlay will make you some profit.
              Well matched betting takes advantage of two things as I understand it. The ability to lay bets (betting against an outcome) so that you can take both sides of the bet at relatively even odds (which is not really an option on American betting sites as far as I could tell). The second is free bet offers that you offset the cost of one side of the bet with. This is also an issue in America, as they make it virtually impossible to collect on the free money offers. The lay option is important so that you aren't surrendering much of your earnings to the odds makers, and of course the free money is your bread and butter. You just match things up so you profit either way (or if you feel confident in one result, you could weigh it in that favor while you insure it on the other side).

You can still do it to a degree on American sites, but it seemed like a lot of hassle, and needed to put up large amounts of your own money in order to make it even slightly profitable. I would probably only do it on British sites.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I attempted this a few weeks back but didn't read the fine print on the "free bets" I signed up for, it ended up being more trouble than it's worth and I gave up.

From what I understand, if you are willing to put some time and effort into it, you can make a decent bit of cash from it, but it's not "quick and easy", you have to put some money in to start with then you slowly accumilate value.
              Yeah, American sites are a big pain in the ass and threaten to confiscate your winnings if you use match betting, whereas British sites practically encourage it. You can find a number of American sites that will give you up to 50% of your deposit in free bets, but you have to put up several times that value in bets before you are eligible to collect. Their restrictions on the "free money" together with the inability to lay bets (resulting in them having a massive advantage over customers) makes it a whole different venture than what our friends in the UK deal with. They really try to take you into deep waters here.

Originally posted by draymondchm View Post
              I never really tried tried this before. Will be checking on this and see how it goes then.
              I'd recommend it only if you have access to good betting sites and you understand every angle. American betting sites suck.

Comment

Didn't realize I ever got any responses on this

Yeah I knew about betfair. I actually couldn't find an American equivalent. American online betting operations seem to more regulated and far less better friendly. I could have dug deeper, and also could have gone through British sites by changing my IP, but didn't end up pushing forward with it. Might make a go at it at a later time though. Thanks for info.

Well matched betting takes advantage of two things as I understand it. The ability to lay bets (betting against an outcome) so that you can take both sides of the bet at relatively even odds (which is not really an option on American betting sites as far as I could tell). The second is free bet offers that you offset the cost of one side of the bet with. This is also an issue in America, as they make it virtually impossible to collect on the free money offers. The lay option is important so that you aren't surrendering much of your earnings to the odds makers, and of course the free money is your bread and butter. You just match things up so you profit either way (or if you feel confident in one result, you could weigh it in that favor while you insure it on the other side).

You can still do it to a degree on American sites, but it seemed like a lot of hassle, and needed to put up large amounts of your own money in order to make it even slightly profitable. I would probably only do it on British sites.

Yeah, American sites are a big pain in the ass and threaten to confiscate your winnings if you use match betting, whereas British sites practically encourage it. You can find a number of American sites that will give you up to 50% of your deposit in free bets, but you have to put up several times that value in bets before you are eligible to collect. Their restrictions on the "free money" together with the inability to lay bets (resulting in them having a massive advantage over customers) makes it a whole different venture than what our friends in the UK deal with. They really try to take you into deep waters here.

I'd recommend it only if you have access to good betting sites and you understand every angle. American betting sites suck.
                Ahhhh it's like in Vegas you keep on betting and they will keep giving you free booze and some free dinner....LOL

Comment

Been doing this a while and it defo works, made about £6k in 5 months. I'd recommend trying yesbets if you do it, makes life so much easier, no spreadsheets to fill out and hey track all bets and balances for you. Makes life a lot fooking easier and faster. Can defo rinse a good £800 in 4 weeks imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                    What's a match betting?.

Comment

Working...
                    X