Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Floyd's fascination with Pac and Arums business dealings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    I'm done with you. You are a silly ****. Really.

Out.
    50 million estimated for each fighter as of right now,

double it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd Sinclair View Post
      Despite what some of u think this is a very interesting thread. Think back to what bernard hopkins said about how promoters treat fighters like hoes. They make more money then they deserve, and will sometimes try to make their boxers have a marketable image. Theres the poster on here that has a picture in their sig of someone in pacs corner telling him to pray. Hopkins also said that theres boxers who dont even have insurance

Floyd is giving Pac great advice, hes actually trying to help him but some of the haters are too blind to see it. 30% is a good sized cut compared to Floyd keepin 100%

I wonder how big of a cut goldenboy takes...its probably not the same for all fighters.
      he said top prank an GBP take 30%

Comment

• Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
        So De La Hoya, Schaeffer and Co,

work for free?

They just put in all of their time and effort into Floyd Mayweather Jr just for ****s sake?

Gino, you better talk this guy down from his soapbox.
        I assume you misunderstood.....
        His check meaning "What does Manny have to do when he gets his check" & What does Floyd do with his after getting it?
        GBP gets a cut of the pot, but Floyd keeps his check... get it

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          His check meaning "What does Manny have to do when he gets his check" & What does Floyd do with his after getting it?

And Arum gets a cut of the pot,

and Manny keeps his check.

So whats the difference?

Nothing.

Now bounce. At least Dios can be amusing with his annoyance as he dances around. You're simply annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            Here's how they make more money without Arum. And I'll explain it to you in the simplest terms I can.

You have a pizza pie. There are six guys in the room. Everyone is hungry. So, each guy will get X amount.

Now, if we kill of one guy - guess what - the amount we can each get changes. It is now Y amount.

And Y > X.

The fewer mouths to feed, the more the principals and participants can get,

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

Floyd wants to control the promotion. That is why he wants Manny to dump Arum. Floyd does not wantto do a split (co-) promotion with TR. Because TR will (naturally) want X amount of the profits.

Without TR in the picture, more profits to split .

What a stupid analogy.

so where did the pizza come from? heaven?
            If there are 6 guys to share the pizza, 6 guys will also share the cost to buy the pizza. The same is true for 5 guys. While it is true that each of the 6 guys will get a smaller share than the 5's, their cash outlay is also smaller. What you get is proportionate to what you contributed so it doesn't mean that fewer guys is automatically favorable.

Promoting fights is the same, it's a business venture and it involves risks. The large purse by floyd and pac alone is already a huge risk to take for any promoter. If GBP is the sole promoter of this fight, how sure are they that they can recover the promotional costs? Maybe they could but where are they going to get the financing? Do they have enough money for this kind of fight? Or they're going to get some short-term loans with high interests which they could easily avoid if they co-promote with top rank. And what if they don't get their target ppv numbers?

And with regards to floyd promoting the fight, that's just a big bull****. Floyd's promotional company is just a dummy even in his own fights. He gets his guaranteed purse, his share of the ppv and his promotional company will get a very small percentage of the profits for some cheap promotional gimmicks that floyd himself does. His promotional company does not share in the cost of promoting the fight because he simply doesn't have the kind of money that's needed to promote a big fight.

In other words, whether top rank is involved or not floyd will still get the same amount of money because his share is based on guarantees and percentages.

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
              By your logic, all boxers keep 100% of what's left over after the promoters take their cut. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                For the past 2yrs, aside from mentioning that Pac has to take the test, he also never fails to bring up how Pac has the worst deal in boxing and gives up 30% of his purse to Arum. I dont get why this concerns Floyd? As long as Floyd's money isnt getting touched, what is it to him what Pac does with his money or how much he has to give up to his promoter? Floyd likes to say that he keeps 100% of his purse money. Really? Are we to believe that Oscar/GBP promotes for free? LOL.
                Hey Deveel:

All BS aside, you think maybe floyd is trying to wait until manny leaves TR to do fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Hey Deveel:

All BS aside, you think maybe floyd is trying to wait until manny leaves TR to do fight?
                  So its not just the testing then? Now its Pac's contract with Arum too?

What happened to, take the test and the fight is on?
                  Last edited by Deevel916; 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    So its not just the testing then? Now its Pac's contract with Arum too?

What happened to, take the test and the fight is on?
                    Manny said "there is no more issue with OST but guaranteed purse is still an issue" on ESPN interview last week. How is that floyd's fault?

Manny has issues with how much he gets paid by TR when he fights. ONow I'm speculating, but I can't believe floyd is gonna take less so manny can get what he wants to sign to fight. MAnny has to work that out with TR and Arum. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Manny said "there is no more issue with OST but guaranteed purse is still an issue" on ESPN interview last week. How is that floyd's fault?

Manny has issues with how much he gets paid by TR when he fights. ONow I'm speculating, but I can't believe floyd is gonna take less so manny can get what he wants to sign to fight. MAnny has to work that out with TR and Arum. Right?
                      Of course, but Floyd is using the same type of talk from when he was faced with the questions of facing Cotto. Floyd was like "Cotto needs to become his own boss before I fight him". By that logic, Floyd is saying he doesnt want to fight anyone who has a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X