Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Roy Jones a coward for not defending his title against Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing fan1 View Post

They start talking about a Lewis fight at 3:45.

Got to give Tarver credit here with the way he chase the RJJ fight..

Comment

Absolutely, he was. Maybe for good reasons, but yeah, he just grabbed the belt off the weakest title holder and did not try to unify it or defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        You obviously haven't seen my bernard hopkins threads have you?

You're getting me all wrong comrade, it's not that people are being negative about pac, I don't care about that there is negativity surrounding pac all the time, my point is that it is an illogical argument that is being made. The same holds true for Floyd - if people start demanding floyd fights martinez and label him as a ducker for not wanting to fight martinez at 154, the same applies.
        I get your point but like you said this is the internet right? So if people want to label Pac who just fought a week ago a ducker then let it be, Pac isnt the first fighter to be label that and he wouldnt be the last, For years on here other boxer have had the same treatment. No need to defend Pac at every drop.

Comment

I mean after all, Jones did win a heavyweight title right? He moved up in weight, beat John Ruiz, then, like the coward he is, went back down in weight, rather than fight Lennox Lewis. What a coward! That's an obvious duck, much like pacquiao who clearly is ducking MW Martinez.
          U fo real?

Jones Jr didn't belong in the HW and wasn't a HW, he just took advantage of a smaller HW to gain a title using his speed. He had no business fighting Lewis who's a monster in comparison.

Pac is a WW... Martinez a MW. They have no business fighting each other, if it happens all good but Pac ain't obliged to fight Martinez, he is however obliged to fight Mayweather.

BTW boxers ain't cowards

Comment

I mean after all, Jones did win a heavyweight title right? He moved up in weight, beat John Ruiz, then, like the coward he is, went back down in weight, rather than fight Lennox Lewis. What a coward! That's an obvious duck, much like pacquiao who clearly is ducking MW Martinez.
            Jones is not a coward and no one in their right mind ever considered him a real HW champion.

Comment

Every time Pac gets called on something *******s always bust a ***** move and point their finger on to someone else like if thats justification for it rather then making their own mind up and owning up to it.

So because others have done it then its ok. LOL................

Comment

jones jr vacate his title, we dont kno at pacquiao is gunna do with it yet, he will be a coward if he defends the title and asks for a catchweight

Comment

No because Jones wasn't a real HW champion just like Manny isn't a real JMW champion.

Comment

I also want to add, Jones gets more props for winning that HW title than Manny winning his 154 title. Jones went up two weight divisions and weighed what a HW weighs and I don't think he even asked for a catch weight. Manny stayed at his comfortable weight and asked for a catchweight, there's a big difference between these two situations.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                      I also want to add, Jones gets more props for winning that HW title than Manny winning his 154 title. Jones went up two weight divisions and weighed what a HW weighs and I don't think he even asked for a catch weight. Manny stayed at his comfortable weight and asked for a catchweight, there's a big difference between these two situations.
                      sure their are different circumstances, but the main piont remains the same... rjj didn't fight the real HW champion (lewis) nor did he defend his HW title. now if you're gonna say pac is a paper champ at 154 lbs and he's ducking martinez, you gotta also say rjj was a paper champ at HW and he ducked Lewis. anything else = hypocrite = your opinion is worthless.

Comment

Working...
                      X