No announcement yet.

Who are the car guys in the lounge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the car guys in the lounge?

Any projects going on? I post few and far between in the car posts and when I do I just go on rants. I just sold my 98 OBS with ej20T. Looking for something new. Maybe get inspired by you guys' projects going on.

REED is. Midnight Special bought himself a 60's Dodge awhile back, forgot which model, but he was in the process of restoring it. He hasn't posted in forever, though. Blackfoot had 3.6 KB SRT Jeep that ran bottom 10's in the 130's. He doesn't post anymore either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      REED is. Midnight Special bought himself a 60's Dodge awhile back, forgot which model, but he was in the process of restoring it. He hasn't posted in forever, though. Blackfoot had 3.6 KB SRT Jeep that ran bottom 10's in the 130's. He doesn't post anymore either.
      They don't post because we've no current projects and they're running theirs lol

REED where are you!? What have you got going.

Comment

I'm thinkng of buying a MkI Golf and putting a 1.8t swap

Yes I'm a VW/Audi guy

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          I'm thinkng of buying a MkI Golf and putting a 1.8t swap

Yes I'm a VW/Audi guy
          Hey I actually asked this in your other thread. I can ask here to though I guess

I'm talking about the recall for the flat spot from 2 to 3k. There was a definite difference after that remap. But if you've got a tune I'm sure that took care of that. I'm not familiar with giac x+. I've only worked with apexi power fcs, safcs, and the wolf 3d with my rotaries. I've dabbled with the AEM but not enough to feel confident. Like I said this would be my first euro car if I decide to go through with it

Edit: also what cams and degrees did you go with and what kind of tune did you have done? Even with cams power drop at 5- 6? That's odd. Sort of an injustice with the cams. What were you expecting with the tune and cam config? Who did the tuning? Or is it just a map

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
            Hey I actually asked this in your other thread. I can ask here to though I guess

I'm talking about the recall for the flat spot from 2 to 3k. There was a definite difference after that remap. But if you've got a tune I'm sure that took care of that. I'm not familiar with giac x+. I've only worked with apexi power fcs, safcs, and the wolf 3d with my rotaries. I've dabbled with the AEM but not enough to feel confident. Like I said this would be my first euro car if I decide to go through with it

Edit: also what cams and degrees did you go with and what kind of tune did you have done? Even with cams power drop at 5- 6? That's odd. Sort of an injustice with the cams. What were you expecting with the tune and cam config? Who did the tuning? Or is it just a map
            2-3K is a flat spot ?

I hope you're not a Honda guy

Ask my tuner at KDM tuning

Schrick cams. I said STOCK power drops at 5. Not with cams

Comment

I'm a big fan of older German cars, having had solely German cars until this year when I bought an '05 Civic (strictly for daily-driving). I've had an E34, a 951 (944 Turbo), and two E30s (still have one). The current e30 is my long-term project, but nothing fancy power-wise. I hope to simply restore it as well as I can and treat it better than the POs did.

But I do like myself plenty of other cars as well. I've recently got big into older Hondas, and might trade the current Civic for something like a minty CRX Si to DD somewhere down the line.

As far as power goes, the most powerful car I've ever owned was the 951. Light mods, probably around 300whp. It was fun, but my first e30 (4 cyl 318iS) made me develop an affinity for lightweight cars that aren't necessarily powerful but are fun to drive and not as likely to get me into serious trouble. I drove that thing like I stole it and it was a ton of fun despite being literally slow as hell.

Current e30. '90 325iS with 135K on the clock.
              Last edited by samouraļ; 02-15-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                2-3K is a flat spot ?

I hope you're not a Honda guy

Ask my tuner at KDM tuning

Schrick cams. I said STOCK power drops at 5. Not with cams
                There was a flat spot and VW had a recall.

Also what degree cams? Was it just a map? I'm assuming tuned. What were you looking for specifically with the cam setup? How much was it bumped up? 30-50?

Edit: not a Honda guy. Owned 3 rx7s 3 240s 1 evo a .8 corolla a gts 86 and up until last week a swapped 98 subby OBS. All work done by myself.
                Last edited by {Pito}; 02-15-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
                  I'm a big fan of older German cars, having had solely German cars until this year when I bought an '05 Civic (strictly for daily-driving). I've had an E34, a 951 (944 Turbo), and two E30s (still have one). The current e30 is my long-term project, but nothing fancy power-wise. I hope to simply restore it as well as I can and treat it better than the POs did.

But I do like myself plenty of other cars as well. I've recently got big into older Hondas, and might trade the current Civic for something like a minty CRX Si to DD somewhere down the line.

As far as power goes, the most powerful car I've ever owned was the 951. Light mods, probably around 300whp. It was fun, but my first e30 (4 cyl 318iS) made me develop an affinity for lightweight cars that aren't necessarily powerful but are fun to drive and not as likely to get me into serious trouble. I drove that thing like I stole it and it was a ton of fun despite being literally slow as hell.

Current e30. '90 325iS with 135K on the clock.
                  lightweight RWD is what i grew up on and almost all my builds. if youre into japanese look into an 86 corolla. underpowered but peppy as hell. i was never those guys who threw parts at cars and never raced them. out of all the cars ive owned my 86 corolla with a few extras was THE most fun and fulfilling of all my cars along with being my lowest hp. i beat the hell out of it at SCCA events in the northeast like up in connecticut, the poconos....englishtown as well as autox events here in NY. nothing like being able to mash that peddle and keep it on the floor. The SCCA events can get costly though as far as car maintenance tires fees, parts etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
                    lightweight RWD is what i grew up on and almost all my builds. if youre into japanese look into an 86 corolla. underpowered but peppy as hell. i was never those guys who threw parts at cars and never raced them. out of all the cars ive owned my 86 corolla with a few extras was THE most fun and fulfilling of all my cars along with being my lowest hp. i beat the hell out of it at SCCA events in the northeast like up in connecticut, the poconos....englishtown as well as autox events here in NY. nothing like being able to mash that peddle and keep it on the floor. The SCCA events can get costly though as far as car maintenance tires fees, parts etc etc.
                    Believe me man, I love the AE86. That's on my list of cars to one day own. Definitely something to keep in mind for the future. I was actually looking into the FT86 last year but decided to buy the e30 + a DD instead. Missed my last one too damned much. Like you say, being able to keep the pedal down all the time is a ton of fun regardless of whether you're going super fast. I'd rather drive a slow car fast than vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
                    X