No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe on Froch Fight Rumors, Talks Hopkins-Cleverly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe on Froch Fight Rumors, Talks Hopkins-Cleverly

British boxing legend Joe Calzaghe, who retired undefeated a few years ago, discussed the recent rumors that he was considered a one-fight comeback to face current WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch, who chased the fight for years while the Welsh boxer was active. Calzaghe is now turning his full attention to the world of acting and recently landed two starring motion picture roles.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    British boxing legend Joe Calzaghe, who retired undefeated a few years ago, discussed the recent rumors that he was considered a one-fight comeback to face current WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch, who chased the fight for years while the Welsh boxer was active. Calzaghe is now turning his full attention to the world of acting and recently landed two starring motion picture roles.

[Click Here To Read More]
    A void left behind in the super middle weight division. Joe left the divison at the right time b/c the young lions were emerging and Froch would have given Joe a serious run for his money with a hard on included.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 07-06-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
      A void left behind in the super middle weight division. Joe left the divison at the right time b/c the young lions were emerging and Froch would have given Joe a serious run for his money with a hard on included.
      Calzaghe should comeback to face Bute!!

Comment

Don't know what he's on about, there is no 'void' in SMW, it's the most competitive and exciting division out there.

Comment

Originally posted by number1983 View Post
          Don't know what he's on about, there is no 'void' in SMW, it's the most competitive and exciting division out there.
          Joe is not talking about a "void" at super middle, he's talking about light heavy. You know, the division he fought his last two fights at. So what he's saying is that if a fight with Froch et al were to ever take place (although highly unlikely), it would be at 175 lbs not 168 lbs. And if Joe is off the coke then I surmise he's walking around north of 200, so a comeback fight would probably have a catchweight clause ~180 lbs.

Comment

cokezaggy is a slag basterd fo sho.

Comment

Calzaghe was an over rated bum just like Hatton,Haye,Fury and Hamed. I would say Khan too but I actually think he has potential. I do like Froch but Calzahe? Who did he fight? two 40 year olds and sorry ass Jeff Lacy? He was blessed with being around at a time where the division had not matured into what it is today. All of the fore mentioned names carried the exact same hype until they were exposed. Froch is the truth no doubt. He won't beat Ward but he has a great chance. As for Khan, if the focused Judah comes to fight, then he will be exposed as the fraud that I suspect him to be. Let Calzahe stayed retired.

Comment

Calzaghe was lucky to make it out alive.

Comment

joe kicks froch's ass

Comment

Originally posted by supremelygifted View Post
                    Calzaghe was an over rated bum just like Hatton,Haye,Fury and Hamed. I would say Khan too but I actually think he has potential. I do like Froch but Calzahe? Who did he fight? two 40 year olds and sorry ass Jeff Lacy? He was blessed with being around at a time where the division had not matured into what it is today. All of the fore mentioned names carried the exact same hype until they were exposed. Froch is the truth no doubt. He won't beat Ward but he has a great chance. As for Khan, if the focused Judah comes to fight, then he will be exposed as the fraud that I suspect him to be. Let Calzahe stayed retired.
                    I love the anti Calzaghe sentiment. Who did he fight? Well, first off he beat Jeff Lacy, who if you recall was picked to win that fight, in every round. After that, Jeff Lacy became a bum by the same people who said he would win that fight. Then he unified his division by beating Mikkel Kessler, hardly a bum. Then he beat the reigning Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Champion, who despite being a "40 year old," is again the best Light Heavyweight in the world at 46. I would say he closed out his career pretty strongly. Who would you have liked him to face at Light Heavyweight? Guys who Hopkins is still superior to?

Comment

Working...
                    X