Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hendricks still think visible damage matters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    Not the same thing. Hendricks and GSP's fight had rounds that were much closer, so he and people pointed to damage as an extra determination in those rounds. This fight had easier rounds to score, it was pretty clear which round each guy won.
    This is correct and how I see it.

If you watch the post fight press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCIKrs7Lv2M

You can see Hendricks has a heavily damaged right eye but hardly any other marking on his face and Lawler has marks above his right eye,under and to the side of his right eye,on the left side of his head and on his nose. It is not the same as GSP's bust up face vs Hendricks totally unmarked face.
    Hendricks comes over as straight and honest so I don't see him coming over as a hypocrite and changing his stance on damage and Lawler said he felt he should have done more and did not complain about the decision. In fact he admitted he blew it in the 5th round.

Comment

MMA-core has the main fights from last night ready to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 876arrow View Post
        GSP has always bruised/marked easily.
        When he was having his bum of the month club title defences his face was always unmarked. Now that he has faced some real threats his face looked like death.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          When he was having his bum of the month club title defences his face was always unmarked. Now that he has faced some real threats his face looked like death.
          Please tell me all these bums GSP faced.

Comment

Why do people never score 10-8 rounds in MMA?

Comment

If it's one-sided enough, they do.

Comment

Or if there's a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  I'm not one of GSP's biggest fans, but this is disrespectful on so many levels.

Let's put this into perspective. The guy that just fought for the title, Lawler, would get his ass handed to him on a silver platter against a prime, non injured version of Thiago Alves.

And the Hendricks that fought tonight would get his ass 5-0'd by a pre ACL GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post

Let's put this into perspective. The guy that just fought for the title, Lawler, would get his ass handed to him on a silver platter against a prime, non injured version of Thiago Alves.

Agreed Bungalows.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post

Woulda coulda shoulda. The actual fact is that the Canadian blanket got his ass kicked, handed a gift on a golden platter and chased out of the sport. And before that he was having trouble against weak TDD guys that were supposed to be there to make him look good.

And WW has clearly become better than it has ever been with a murderer's row of contenders, but now the blanket is nowhere to be found.

Comment

Working...
                      X