No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute Wants Ward To Win, But Gives Dawson The Edge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
    i still Ward is too skilled for Dawson. Ward is better in pretty much every department than Chad. the only thing chad has over Waard is height and Reach other than that Ward got every Advantage in hes favor. still Bad Chad v SOG is a great fight! very close..
    Well you can't say Ward is a harder puncher!
    As for coming forward and pushing Chad Dawson around aka CLINCHING (which is illegal) he might be able to do that but will he be stronger in the clinch?
    I don't think so Chad Dawson isn't a spectacular fighter but he is strong, I don't think this fight will be interesting at all actually...

Then again how could you say SOG vs Chad would be a good fight when you look back (If you can) at the fight with Chad and Bhop?
    Andre Ward has pretty much said he basis his fighting style on Bhops they're both similiar fighters except Andre Ward could actually be debatable more boring mainly because he doesn't do any show boating, maybe we will see Ward do a few push ups in this fight that would probably be the main talking point of this WONDERFUL fight as you can see I'm ecstatic about this fight and I just can't wait to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
      Sorry bro...but Ward began as a Light heavy. He's actually taller than hopkins. The man hasn't lost since he was 12. When u talk about ring saavy bernard may be craftier due to soooo much ring experience & lack of athletic ability. Hooooooowwwwwever....Hopkins laid a beutiful blueprint. As well Andre is super intelligent & crafty which is why he gets some much comparison to hokpins. Basically Adre is more like hopkins earlier than hopkins became hopkins. He also has an excellent team & coach in his corner. I'm not sure how ur are analyzing footwork prowess but Hop is more defensive minded than Dawson & uses his legs more to evade than AW...Nonetheless that will be the diff in smothering chads work w/ output rather than defence...He will confuse chad & smother his attacks...beat him to the punch & thus dominate that man.
      Sorry to you, ward began as a middle weight, and Hopkins s 6"1 to wards 6'0 to Dawson's 6'3. Ward boxed @ light heavy in the Olympics, but was coming in @ 160-165lbs. And Hopkins didn't lay the blue print, pascal did, you have to be explosive and powerful to offset Dawson. That's why Dawson had trouble with pascal. Ward attributes are by far better than pascals, but he doesn't have the equalizer that pascal has. Also Dawson beat Bhop rather convincely, take away the clinching and head butts. Steward & Kellerman both said Bhop hasn't been beaten convincely like that since RJJ in 1993.. Fact!
      Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 05-22-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Both excellent boxers but you have to think.. if Pascal can beat Dawson Ward should be able to too.

I hate to do triangle theories but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Both excellent boxers but you have to think.. if Pascal can beat Dawson Ward should be able to too.

I hate to do triangle theories but there you go.
          Didn't Hopkins beat pascal who beat Dawson, who later beat Bhop? And you right? Triangle doesn't work at all!

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
            Sorry to you, ward began as a middle weight, and Hopkins s 6"1 to wards 6'0 to Dawson's 6'3. Ward boxed @ light heavy in the Olympics, but was coming in @ 160-165lbs. And Hopkins didn't lay the blue print, pascal did, you have to be explosive and powerful to offset Dawson. That's why Dawson had trouble with pascal. Ward attributes are by far better than pascals, but he doesn't have the equalizer that pascal has. Also Dawson beat Bhop rather convincely, take away the clinching and head butts. Steward & Kellerman both said Bhop hasn't been beaten convincely like that since RJJ in 1993.. Fact!
            When I say beginning I am referring to the olympics...IT doesn't matter what weight he came in...He fought at LHW is the point. Especially since they will be fighting at 68. The point is size shouldn't play a role in any way. If Ward can overpower Sakio Bika He can push dawson back. If you think wut pascal did was a blueprint then you are foolish.How silly do u sound saying someone's opinion of the fight is "fact!" lol I was at the hopkins/dawson fight live. Hopkins put on a tremendous performance in that fight. The one cut was from a legtimate clash the other cut was from a punch. Watch the fight & u see hopkins made dawson miss all night. He also dictated the pace. Dawson only threw 31 more punches than hopkins. But aside from all of that...That was a 29 year old vs a 47 yr old fighter. You acting like that was a huge accomplishment. He didn't even blow hopkins out. Cut it out. Imagine MJ tryna guard LBJ today & u tell me LBJ wouldn't score 60. I didn't think chad won convicingly in the way u mean it. I think he won but it wasn't a non competative tough fight. In fact Dawaon is quoted having said that was the hardest fight of his life. & dude was almost 50... u think ward & his team didn't see the movement that confused chad or the subtleties that made him ineffective?? Ok. Just come back & talk that **** wen it's over. Only thing u got right in ur post was that he's 6'0 tall. I thought he was taller since he looked almost identical to froch...

Comment

When I say beginning I am referring to the olympics...IT doesn't matter what weight he came in...He fought at LHW is the point. Especially since they will be fighting at 68. The point is size shouldn't play a role in any way. If Ward can overpower Sakio Bika He can push dawson back. If you think wut pascal did was a blueprint then you are foolish.How silly do u sound saying someone's opinion of the fight is "fact!" lol I was at the hopkins/dawson fight live. Hopkins put on a tremendous performance in that fight. The one cut was from a legtimate clash the other cut was from a punch. Watch the fight & u see hopkins made dawson miss all night. He also dictated the pace. Dawson only threw 31 more punches than hopkins. But aside from all of that...That was a 29 year old vs a 47 yr old fighter. You acting like that was a huge accomplishment. He didn't even blow hopkins out. Cut it out. Imagine MJ tryna guard LBJ today & u tell me LBJ wouldn't score 60. I didn't think chad won convicingly in the way u mean it. I think he won but it wasn't a non competative tough fight. In fact Dawaon is quoted having said that was the hardest fight of his life. & dude was almost 50... u think ward & his team didn't see the movement that confused chad or the subtleties that made him ineffective?? Ok. Just come back & talk that **** wen it's over. Only thing u got right in ur post was that he's 6'0 tall. I thought he was taller since he looked almost identical to froch...
              You got it kid, I didn't come here to slander and curse you, I was just setting the record straight. It was hard for Dawson because of Bhops tactics and tricks, not punches. Hall of famer trainer Steward and boxing analyist Max Kellerman said it. I just quoted what they said, and I agree! It was an huge accomplishment, not too many gave Dawson a chance because of what Bhop did to tarver, Pavlik, pascal and others. Everyone talks about wards resume, but it's identical to Dawson's. Kessler/Froch= Tarver and tarver would smoke them. Johnson & Pascal= Abraham/Bika. Allan Green please= get real, Adamek= no one. ALSO YOUR COMPARSION OF MJ AND LBJ HAS NO SUBSTANCE, WHILE MJ HAS BEEN RETIRED AND HAD HIS KNEE DRAIN SO MANY TIMES, BHOP HAS NEVER HAD AN INJURY WE KNOW OF AND HAS STAYED IN SHAPE FIGHTING ONCE A YEAR COMPARED TO 70PLUS NBA BASKETBALL GAMES, CONSIDERING YOU MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND GOING THROUGH PRESEASON ISNT EVEN THE SAME. ONLY THING YOU GOT RIGHT IS THAT LBJ WOULD SMOKE MJ IF HE WAS PLAYING RIGHT NOW. ALSO LIGHT HEAVY IS NIGHT AND DAY IN THE OLYMPICS TO THE PRO RANKS. I KNOW I USED ALL CAPS...HOLD ON THIS IS A GOOD ONE "BIKA" CONTENDER SERIES BIKA WHO WAS HURT BAD AND DROPPED BY JAIDON CONDRINGTON IN THE CONTENDER SERIES TITLE FIGHT, THE SAME GUY CONDRINGTON WHO'S A COP IN NEW YORK OR CONNETICUT, THE SAME GUY CONDRINGTON WHO WAS ICED BY ALLAN GREEN ON SHOBOX THE SAME ALLAN GREEN WHO'S ON THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AS A CANDIDATE FOR KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR BY MIKKEL KESSLER! COMPARING BIKAS STRENGTH TO DAWSON'S IS HILARIOUS, WHY BECAUSE BIKE IS RIPPED? I SEE..LMBO. ON THE STRENGTH, YOU GOT IT IM DONE
              Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                You got it kid, I didn't come here to slander and curse you, I was just setting the record straight. It was hard for Dawson because of Bhops tactics and tricks, not punches. Hall of famer trainer Steward and boxing analyist Max Kellerman said it. I just quoted what they said, and I agree! It was an huge accomplishment, not too many gave Dawson a chance because of what Bhop did to tarver, Pavlik, pascal and others. Everyone talks about wards resume, but it's identical to Dawson's. Kessler/Froch= Tarver and tarver would smoke them. Johnson & Pascal= Abraham/Bika. Allan Green please= get real, Adamek= no one. ALSO YOUR COMPARSION OF MJ AND LBJ HAS NO SUBSTANCE, WHILE MJ HAS BEEN RETIRED AND HAD HIS KNEE DRAIN SO MANY TIMES, BHOP HAS NEVER HAD AN INJURY WE KNOW OF AND HAS STAYED IN SHAPE FIGHTING ONCE A YEAR COMPARED TO 70PLUS NBA BASKETBALL GAMES, CONSIDERING YOU MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND GOING THROUGH PRESEASON ISNT EVEN THE SAME. ONLY THING YOU GOT RIGHT IS THAT LBJ WOULD SMOKE MJ IF HE WAS PLAYING RIGHT NOW. ALSO LIGHT HEAVY IS NIGHT AND DAY IN THE OLYMPICS TO THE PRO RANKS. I KNOW I USED ALL CAPS...HOLD ON THIS IS A GOOD ONE "BIKA" CONTENDER SERIES BIKA WHO WAS HURT BAD AND DROPPED BY JAIDON CONDRINGTON IN THE CONTENDER SERIES TITLE FIGHT, THE SAME GUY CONDRINGTON WHO'S A COP IN NEW YORK OR CONNETICUT, THE SAME GUY CONDRINGTON WHO WAS ICED BY ALLAN GREEN ON SHOBOX THE SAME ALLAN GREEN WHO'S ON THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AS A CANDIDATE FOR KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR BY MIKKEL KESSLER! COMPARING BIKAS STRENGTH TO DAWSON'S IS HILARIOUS, WHY BECAUSE BIKE IS RIPPED? I SEE..LMBO. ON THE STRENGTH, YOU GOT IT IM DONE
                Bro, you're trying to defend Dawson way too much. You said that Ward fought at 160-165 when he was a light heavy in the amateurs, can you give me a link to where you can prove this? Because from what I understand it's not even possible to fight in a weight class but then weigh in over 10 pounds under the weight limit. That makes absolutely no sense. Even IF that were the case, isn't that even MORE impressive if he weighed that less and he was fighting much bigger guys? Exactly. Your point really makes no sense at all.

Also, someone else in here said that Dawson is "bigger" then Ward, and? What does that matter? Styles make fights. And Ward is the MUCH more physical fighter, so Dawson's size really wouldn't come into play very much given the fact he's a predominant outside fighter, whereas Ward can fight just as well outside as he can inside. And, I'd bet my bottom dollar that Ward will go straight inside on Dawson and smother him. I'm a fan of Ward, but I'm not biased. But when I see people making invalid points and saying things that make no sense at all I have to speak up.

The only slight edge Dawson may have is speed, and he has a reach advantage. But reach doesn't matter all that much if you're being smothered. I enjoy watching Dawson fight and he is a damn good fighter, but so is Ward. All in all this is a good fight that we should all be hyped for.

Also, bro I like how you compared two fighters to one. Haha I mean, really? You said "Kessler/Froch: Tarver and Tarver would smoke them!!!" I guarantee anyone would agree with me when I say that Froch and Kessler by themselves are better then the Tarver Dawson faced. If we were talking about the Tarver of like 04-05 that's one thing, but we're not. Either way, like I said this is a good fight at the highest level that I'm hyped for and I'd hope everyone else is too.

Comment

Sorry bro...but Ward began as a Light heavy. He's actually taller than hopkins. The man hasn't lost since he was 12. When u talk about ring saavy bernard may be craftier due to soooo much ring experience & lack of athletic ability. Hooooooowwwwwever....Hopkins laid a beutiful blueprint. As well Andre is super intelligent & crafty which is why he gets some much comparison to hokpins. Basically Adre is more like hopkins earlier than hopkins became hopkins. He also has an excellent team & coach in his corner. I'm not sure how ur are analyzing footwork prowess but Hop is more defensive minded than Dawson & uses his legs more to evade than AW...Nonetheless that will be the diff in smothering chads work w/ output rather than defence...He will confuse chad & smother his attacks...beat him to the punch & thus dominate that man.
                  Hopkins didn't land a blueprint, what Hopkins did was circle to Dawson's right and force Dawson to use his left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                    Hopkins didn't land a blueprint, what Hopkins did was circle to Dawson's right and force Dawson to use his left hand.
                    Bro...Hopkins kept chad off balance all night. Why else would a 29 yr old only throw 31 more punches than bernard... Do you really think Dawson is so inept not to be able to adjust to a man simply moving in one direction. Did you see the post fight presser? Did you see the interviews after. I sat behind a group of like 8 guys & a coupplefrom Ct rooting for chad They were all quiet & frustrated bc they couldn't understand why Chad wasn't punching...why he couldn't connect & keep connecting. It was a fun fight to be at..But When u watch wut bernard did & place it in to proper perspective...It was amazing. Bernard doesn't have a one hitter quitter. That dude had to use technique..His legs & craft tocontrol pace & tempo against a bigger faster man in his prime coming for his belt. All at 47. I was amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
                      i still Ward is too skilled for Dawson. Ward is better in pretty much every department than Chad. the only thing chad has over Waard is height and Reach other than that Ward got every Advantage in hes favor. still Bad Chad v SOG is a great fight! very close..
                      Speed and power easily goes to chad, probably chin too, Ward has everything else though including the weight advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X