Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Santos is lucky he wasn't fighting a pressure fighter with power.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Santos is lucky he wasn't fighting a pressure fighter with power.

Even though he lost Daniel Santos was lucky he was fighting someone who is not known for his great power and relentless pressure even though Foreman managed to drop Santos twice in the fight.
    What if he had a trilogy with Tony "hands of granite" on Saturday? What would the result of that had been? or Kirkland or Angulo? There was no excuse for him to come into that fight so out of shape as he was. He was basically a stationary target looking for the 1 big shot to blast Foreman out with. Why was he so out of shape anyway? He was a sitting world champion with nothing to do with his time but train since he had not had a fight in 18 months before Saturday.....it just bothers me because its the least these guys can do. I like many others work a regular job and still find time to workout so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect pro athletes especially world champions to be in the best condition they can be in.

Daniel Santos is a lazy ass mother****er. He has the talent to be the best but not the desire to do it. Another wasted talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
      Daniel Santos is a lazy ass mother****er. He has the talent to be the best but not the desire to do it. Another wasted talent.
      I saw the fight recently on ESPN classic of when he fought Campas, and in that fight he moved and boxed like Foreman did against him Saturday.....and he has much more power too and made Campas quit in that fight.....if that Santos showed up he would still have his title.

Comment

Yep!! Santos could have been injured if he was fighting someone else who has more championship experience and can hit harder than foreman.

Comment

Santos deserved to loose, what a disgrace to himself. like TS stated the least he could have done was be ready. He was a sitting champion I am just glad that he did not sport the puerto rican flag anywhere on him hehe

Comment

Dont know if Don king is to blame for having a talented fighter like santos sitting on the shelf window doing nothing, The guy has to resort to calling Cintron of all people out even though cintron isnt the champ.

If he was active then he would probably be fitter and up for it, Why do people sign with King nowadays anyway???

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
              Dont know if Don king is to blame for having a talented fighter like santos sitting on the shelf window doing nothing, The guy has to resort to calling Cintron of all people out even though cintron isnt the champ.

If he was active then he would probably be fitter and up for it, Why do people sign with King nowadays anyway???
              Because they are desperate to get the spotlight.. I feel sorry for collazo he can't get a good fight, who else is don king screwing over? we should have a don king screw fighters thread, I am sure it would get at least 3 pages hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post

Active in the ring or not it was up to Dan to stay in shape in between fights, there is no excuse as to why he wasn't.......if he came in on fight night at 173 for a 154lb title fight, in camp he must have only gotten down to about upper 170's or 180 walking around.....so it makes me wonder what he weighed before training camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Active in the ring or not it was up to Dan to stay in shape in between fights, there is no excuse as to why he wasn't.......if he came in on fight night at 173 for a 154lb title fight, in camp he must have only gotten down to about upper 170's or 180 walking around.....so it makes me wonder what he weighed before training camp?
                  I bet an awful lot of guys are jealous of Foreman, those guys in the top 10 who have been plugging away for years, they all could have beaten that Santos.

Both Ryan Rhodes and Jamie Moore would have flattened a Santos that was that disinterested.

Comment

Santos could have used photoshop to have an acceptable abs. His belly looked like he just had 1 keg of beer.

Comment

Working...
                    X