Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins - "Floyd makes the black community look bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd was a Professional Wrestler he'd be an all time favorite villain by everyone. (why can't people see that is why he is one part time. Floyd knows the game he is playing. it is just a game)

As a pro boxer his shtick is getting old to me, but I'm not sure why Bernard would care about role models. Floyd is just playing a game. To me boxing does not need games, but that is just my opinion.

In fact I am sick and tired of anyone who would try to use an athlete, actor or any person you do not truly know as any type of role model. A role model should be a father, mother, uncle, aunt, older brother or sis. If you happen to be from a family where they all suck, you make yourself a role model.

When i do my regular day to day, I certainly do not want myself to represent what a white person should be. I have been a good person in my life most of the time, and sometimes I have been an absolute prick. I represent myself, not a race. I work hard on trying to be a role model for my kids, but only to an extent. My wish is to see them become a better person than I have been and not use me as some sort of measureing stick. I have always looked up to my dad, for all his faults, to me he represents the perfect man, but if I asked him, he would say he is far from it. We all make mistakes in life folks.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      If Floyd was a Professional Wrestler he'd be an all time favorite villain by everyone. (why can't people see that is why he is one part time. Floyd knows the game he is playing. it is just a game)

As a pro boxer his shtick is getting old to me, but I'm not sure why Bernard would care about role models. Floyd is just playing a game. To me boxing does not need games, but that is just my opinion.

In fact I am sick and tired of anyone who would try to use an athlete, actor or any person you do not truly know as any type of role model. A role model should be a father, mother, uncle, aunt, older brother or sis. If you happen to be from a family where they all suck, you make yourself a role model.

When i do my regular day to day, I certainly do not want myself to represent what a white person should be. I have been a good person in my life most of the time, and sometimes I have been an absolute prick. I represent myself, not a race. I work hard on trying to be a role model for my kids, but only to an extent. My wish is to see them become a better person than I have been and not use me as some sort of measureing stick. I have always looked up to my dad, for all his faults, to me he represents the perfect man, but if I asked him, he would say he is far from it. We all make mistakes in life folks.
      floyd is the boxing version of ted dibiese

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
        Lol, Hope this really didnt come from Hopkins of all people, I still havent forgot all his own antics including "I would never let a white boy beat me" comment.
        Why would that suprise you? Remember his antics in the Tito fight?
        I train in Upper Darby, nard trains there regularly and is great friends with my trainer (spends most his time at Boui's tho). He's nothing like that in person, he sells fights though as best he can. The antics with the calzaghe fight brought interest to a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't care about the event.. so many people were determined to see him lose then.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          Why would that suprise you? Remember his antics in the Tito fight?
          I train in Upper Darby, nard trains there regularly and is great friends with my trainer (spends most his time at Boui's tho). He's nothing like that in person, he sells fights though as best he can. The antics with the calzaghe fight brought interest to a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't care about the event.. so many people were determined to see him lose then.

Yes i would be suprised if it came from B-hop's mouth because he himself isnt exactly a great role model in the way he goes about selling his fights, And i dont know why anyone would use a boxer like Mayweather or even consider him a role model.

Not even Ali was a role model in his fighting days, Ali was easily influenced by alot of people who wanted to use his name and he couldnt see it.

Comment

Hopkins is a disgrace to all boxers. why doesnt he sell fights by fighting in a more crowd pleasing manner instead of relying on crackhead comments to sell fights?????

how come no one ever looks at it like that.

Comment

B-Hop must of reported the ts...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                Hopkins is a disgrace to all boxers. why doesnt he sell fights by fighting in a more crowd pleasing manner instead of relying on crackhead comments to sell fights?????

how come no one ever looks at it like that.
                You're asking someone to fight outside their norm, a norm which helps them win fights?

Lets ask floyd to abandon his philly shell and start throwing 100 punches a round why don't we.

Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  You're asking someone to fight outside their norm, a norm which helps them win fights?

Lets ask floyd to abandon his philly shell and start throwing 100 punches a round why don't we.

Idiot
                  Its not right to call another poster an idiot just because you dont like his comments. I also find it interesting how Hatton and Ruiz get so much flack for their hit and hold styles, but Hopkins is praised because of it.

Headbutting, hardly crowd pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteriousNucca View Post
                    Ouch!.............
                    And Michael Vick doesnt?!

Comment

Working...
                    X