How long does a nose take to heal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does a nose take to heal?

Hi all,

I've been boxing on and off for a total of two years over the last fours. I recently just got back to boxing and had my first sparring session in about 6months and I got caught with a straight right against my southpaw stance and it clocked me right on the button (nose) and grazed my eye[brow] too.

I've never been hit square like that before but after 1.5weeks the bruise/swelling on my eye has gone down but my nose is still sore to touch (just below the bridge), I honestly don't think its healed at all -

I really wanna get back to sparring and work on/test out my legs as I've been training on my 'springyness' this past week.

How long does a nose usually take to heal?

p.s. if it helps I got a 'black man' type nose, AKA the bridge on my nose isn't prominent (just stating it in case the heal time depends on the shape of the nose)

Have it examed by a black or white or brown could be yellow DOCTOR!

Comment

lol, my doctor is indian thank you. unfortunately my doctors surgery are fully booked up to xmas
      I'll try a walk in centre after work or something

Comment

Have you checked weather it is a fracture or not? Ice can help you upto a great extent if it is fracture.
        Last edited by PatriciaDozi; 01-07-2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

this is boxing kid, not golf, rub some dirt in it and get back to the gym. Talk to your coach and go from there.......... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            this is boxing kid, not golf, rub some dirt in it and get back to the gym. Talk to your coach and go from there.......... Rockin'
            This.

I have a deviated septum and my nose leans slightly to the left due to receiving punishment from the streets coming up to the ring. Just try to position it correctly while it's still soft and ice it until it's no longer tender to the touch; until then just get some body work in while sparring.

Comment

Broke my nose in sparring over the summer (had it x-rayed and confirmed a fracture on the bridge of the nose) It "clicked" whenever I'd touch it for about 4 weeks after, and wasn't fully healed for about 6 weeks.

I started sparring exactly 6 weeks after and haven't had any problems. Try and buy a helmet with a face bar in the front, it helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X