Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto @ 150 catchweight.. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo Santa Cruz vs Chris Arreola at a catch weight of 178...who wins?

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      With 10oz gloves, I'm not too sure.

HGH Marquez looks impressive but IDK. He might sting him and stuff, but if bigger fighters have rarely hurt him, not sure how much damage Marquez can do.
      Marquez places hard punches so very well (and knows how to manufacture openings for surprise shots), that's what i think Cotto is susceptible to in terms of his potentially being rocked.

Comment

Call me crazy, but if Cotto were to make 147lbs...this actually can be a big fight.

My issue though with Marquez in this fight is Cotto fight night would be a lot bigger than him as far as his body is concerned (both are around same height give or take). Marquez DID look stronger in fight #4 with Pac, but Pac himself came in probably 148lbs the night of the fight. Cotto's gonna be around 163-164. Cotto's style too I think would be tough for Marquez now as Cotto like someone else mentioned fights a little more methodical than Manny but also has the jab that Marquez I don't believe will be able to counter as easy. Marquez though I think would do better than most expect, but I got Cotto by UD.

Size wise here's sorta how it looks

Comment

Marquez would beat the living crap out of him.

Comment

Marquez should win using his counterpunching skills, if we have an aggressive Cotto. But once Cotto feels Marquez's newly found power, then I'm expecting him to box in which case JMM wins the rounds.

Comment

Cotto hasn't fought at 147 for coming up to 4 years I think so a 150 catchweight would even things up since Cotto will have some difficulty making weight and Marquez would come in around 143 - 146.

It wouldn't be a title fight so a catchweight isn't a big deal. I only have a problem with catchweights for title fights, otherwise straying from the predetermined weight divisions is fine if necessary.

Comment

Marquez' uppercuts and Cotto's vulnerability up through the middle are worth thinking about, too. hmm.

Cotto is marginally (though not hugely) the better natural athlete, but Marquez is the overall better technician and possesses the superior ring-intellect. i don't know, i think i favour JMM quite strongly in this, especially at 147.
                Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  Marquez' uppercuts and Cotto's vulnerability up through the middle are worth thinking about, too. hmm.

Cotto is marginally (though not hugely) the better natural athlete, but Marquez is the technically the much better fighter with the higher ring-intellect. i don't know, i think i favour JMM quite strongly in this, especially at 147.
                  Exactly and you literally won't find a better uppercut artist in the sport today.

Comment

Intriguing card. I like it...Considering JMM brillant display recently, I have to say that he has the advantage.

Comment

STUPIDity!

Another STUPID thread here. What on planet Earth would make any of you think Marquez even has a remote shot of defeating Cotto? What disrespect this is to even be analyzing it in your heads. Cotto would KO Marquez because he is too small. PERIOD! Stop trying to make Marquez bigger than his PED body already is. He will never be better than Manny Pacquiao so forget it! What Manny did, Marquez cannot duplicate. He would not have beaten the fighters Manny did on his historic run. Manny is more special than Marquez. It's not always about cute ****er-punching and boxing skills. IDIOTS. He's a great fighter but I have lost all respect for him because in my heart and with my common sense, I KNOW what went down on December 8th.

Comment

Working...
                      X