No announcement yet.

Tony Demarco update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Demarco update

WBC Silver lightweight champion Antonio DeMarco (25-2-1, 18KOs) is in the middle of the most intense part of his training camp for his October 15th face off against Venezuelan Jorge Linares (31-1, 20KOs) for the vacant WBC lightweight title on the under card of Bernard Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.

“I feel great. Everything is good, we are very happy and satisfied with the help that we are doing. If the fight was tomorrow, we would fight tomorrow,” the confident DeMarco said while gloving up. “We are sure of the work that we have done. We are taking this fight very seriously. We know that Linares is dangerous. It’s going to be a good fight.”

Linares, a two-time divisional world champion, has beaten former champions Oscar Larios and Jesus Chavez while DeMarco has held the green and gold interim strap once before and also has challenged for the full-fledged title once before versus the late Edwin Valero.

“He is a very technical fighter, he has good speed and he knows how to move inside the ring. We are ready for that and more,” DeMarco said regarding Linares. “The truth is the weapon that is going to help me the most is my will and my heart. The will that I have to win and be a world champion.”

Really looking foward to this one.Two young skilled fighter fighting.The winner becomes a legitmate top contender and the loser provided not losing in devastating fashion should be able to bounce back after some time

Comment

Working...
    X