Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joke fight, meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Cmon man lets be serious. Is this fight all that different from Tim Bradley vs Diego Chaves or GGG vs Willie Monroe? Is HBO a scam too?

And read up on Al Haymon. He's a cat who's been a business man since college. He's made much $ in concert promotion & even more money off of creating business that operated within his concert promotion business. He's got very lil lizard brain Don King/Bob Arum **** going on with him from what I can tell. Some scam to just skim off 15% of overpaid fighters doesn't seem like the type of level he'd be working on. I legit think he's trying to make PBC the NFL of boxing & everything he's doing is trying to implement that into taking place over the next 5-10 years.
      Yes its a lot different. PBC has hundreds of fighters to choose from and other promotional outfits do not. There should be less excuses for poor PBC matchups because of the amount of fighters they can pick from, the fact that all of the Haymon guys say that they will fight whoever Al puts in front of them, and also...this show is headlining on ESPN, right??? You know damn well they should be putting on a better matchup than that.

And I know Haymon is a businessman, and a brilliant one at that. But to say he is above scamming less intelligent people is crazy. He has already done it to executives at HBO at Showtime.

None of us know the details about how the PBC operates, but I would like to know if Haymon is taking any risk with the war chest that his been provided to him by Waddell & Reed...If not, then my concern seems like it could have merit.

And if he is trying to make it like the NFL, the way he is going about it is completely unacceptable. There is no spokesperson for the PBC, nobody that will answer relevant questions, and no plan that has been outlined.

I know, I know..Haymon has never talked to the media...whatever. That is a gimmick and a shield. Either something really shady is going on, they are paranoid about valid lawsuits, or maybe they are just making a lot of mistakes.

Comment

I was for certain he was gonna fight Willie Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          No, he didn't. It was a dead even fight when Berto opened a cut with a headbutt that was incorrectly called as opened by a punch.
          Well this is a new one.

The fight was good but Berto landed the more clearly more damaging blows, also reports from Cliff Rold and other journalists all say the cut was from a punch. It's also very well known that Zaveck cuts and bruises easily from punches. This is the first time I heard of any controversy for that fight. It was a pretty clear win. Not to mention, the corner stopped the fight. If you look at the comments in threads after that fight, posters just say it was a good fight and good stoppage. It was a good heated fight but nothing controversial about the stoppage or who was the clear winner.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Well this is a new one.

The fight was good but Berto landed the more clearly more damaging blows, also reports from Cliff Rold and other journalists all say the cut was from a punch. It's also very well known that Zaveck cuts and bruises easily from punches. This is the first time I heard of any controversy for that fight. It was a pretty clear win. Not to mention, the corner stopped the fight. If you look at the comments in threads after that fight, posters just say it was a good fight and good stoppage. It was a good heated fight but nothing controversial about the stoppage or who was the clear winner.
            There was video almost immediately of the headbutt that caused it. It was really clear from what I remember. And people were certainly talking about it after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Well this is a new one.

what? there were even gifs of the headbutt...and everyone was making fun of berto for struggling with a "eurobum" until he blinded him with a butt...and the usual suspects downplaying fouls and ineptitude of officials because "you just hating doe".
              Last edited by -Hyperion-; 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

154?
                Why isn't Lara fighting on HBO and at 160lbs, idiots?
                He really wants to fight GGG and isn't just talking, right? lol

Comment

Hahaha wtf

Comment

the problem for lara is that haymon doesnt want him anywhere near his fighters, he will end the hype on the likes of charlos, jrock, etc...

Comment

Time to move up for Lara, seems like he is wasting his time at 154 because it is really nothing left for him unless he wants to take on some of the younger prospects whom many are not really ready for a fighter with his skills

Thought I seen him call out Andy Lee or was interested in fighting him a few months ago. That would be a great challenge for him.
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-08-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X