No announcement yet.

Will Canelo stick to his guns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    What does it matter though? Not fighting on Mayweather's under-card is supposed to accomplish what exactly?
    Gives him leverage. A fight on Cinco de Mayo without arguably the #1 mexican draw would make a huge difference in the PPV numbers and GBP bottom line.
    What it accomplishes is Canelo get's his guarantee which he does not have now no matter what bs Sheafer and ODL blow up his ass. From what I have heard and read Canelo wants a written contract to be in place before the May event guaranting him a Floyd shot provided they both win.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      Canelo should stick to his guns, but in the end I think he should accept the terms if he's really confident he can beat Trout or whoever.
      There's a big difference between Trout & whoever brother, big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        not being on mayweather card and the numbers dont hit the usual they usually hit then I guess he proved it just went the other way with proving it lol
        Him not being on a Mayweather card hasn't stopped Mayweather cards from doing numbers in the past. He hasn't proven anything.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Gives him leverage. A fight on Cinco de Mayo without arguably the #1 mexican draw would make a huge difference in the PPV numbers and GBP bottom line.
          What it accomplishes is Canelo get's his guarantee which he does not have now no matter what bs Sheafer and ODL blow up his ass. From what I have heard and read Canelo wants a written contract to be in place before the May event guaranting him a Floyd shot provided they both win.
          Or it could be like the Mayweather/Judah situation, where some sort of agreement was made before Zab lost to Baldomir. It's possible that Canelo wants to make sure that he gets Floyd next, win or lose. Canelo is using his star-power to force Floyd into making a concession, something that I find intriguing and hilarious. Seems like someone is believing his own hype.

If Canelo is so confident in his star-power, he should put on his own PPV. Canelo/Angulo will be the main event, not sure what would be the other two fights though. It would be an interesting experiment to see how much GBP has really accomplished.

Comment

Let's see what you can draw as a PPV a-side Canelo, fight Angulo (I would say Trout but I think Angulo while a much easier fight is the better seller) in March.

It is a risk but there could be some real benefits especially financial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Duck Trout, fight a bum & blame it on Floyd. Fantastic recipe for the hype job.
              You see how he's setting it up already huh?
              Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Let's see what you can draw as a PPV a-side Canelo, fight Angulo (I would say Trout but I think Angulo while a much easier fight is the better seller) in March.

It is a risk but there could be some real benefits especially financial.
              Welcome back?

Comment

I can't see Floyd letting this kid call the shots and dictate his next move.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I can't see Floyd letting this kid call the shots and dictate his next move.
                  That's what I'm saying. Canelo is the jester to the P4P throne, playing around and pretending like he belongs because of his appearance and his fan-base.

Comment

Canelo is needed on the undercard in order for it to have high sales, the boxing world is not fooled by Mayweather fighting another natural lightweight. He needs at least another star in that card, plain and simple

Comment

But I'm pretty sure Floyd's flames will come out and defend him while he ducks every legit opponent, never fails

Comment

Working...
                      X