Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Support Pac/Mayweather-Martinez At 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Support Pac/Mayweather-Martinez At 154?

Personally, I don't think Sergio would be effective at that weight as he would have to cut 25-30 lbs. On top of that, the fight would be almost meaningless and unattractive for either Manny or Floyd or their handlers. Sergio has proven that he is a financial disaster and tickets to his fights have to be given away. On top of that, he holds no titles at JMW, so what would be the incentive for either guy to take on a financial liability for no trinkets?

The only way I see either fight selling is if they introduce a new exotic location like Top Rank did with Clottey and Dallas. They could also do what Floyd tried to do with Winky Wright- include a rehydration clause if the weight is an issue. Have the fight at 154 but put the overnight rehydration cap at 165.
    I'm a diehard Flomo, so of course
    0.00%
    I'm a pactard for life, so yes
    12.50%
    Yes, but I will change my mind after Sergio is brutally KO'ed and claim he was drained to save face
    0.00%
    No, it should be at 154 or not at all
    87.50%
    Last edited by ThePrince; 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM.

I think Martinez is gonna be a bit more professional, he did say he's walking around at 165 lbs+ now. He said this after the Barker fight and on another video Comedian posted. I think he'll make 154 safely, he's not a big MW though. He'll just have to keep his weight in check, can't be walking around close to 180.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 10-04-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

i would definitely support it. Not very likely to happen, especially with the interesting points given by the TS, but i'd support it nonetheless.

Comment

Absolutely.

They are both naturally smaller than Martinez, and I think Martinez can make 154lbs comfortable, especially with this kind of fight on the line.

Comment

Sergio fought at WW for a good amount of time. He then fought at 154 for a long time. He's only had 5 fights at MW. He didnt move up because he had to. He moved up because the bigger fights were there. For all his MW fights, he has weighed in at 157 or 158 pounds. He can very comfortably make 154 and not be effected at all. If Pac & Floyd can go up a million weight classes, Im not going to cry about Sergio having to only drop 3 or 4 more pounds at the weigh-in

Comment

there isnt great choices in this poll either

Comment

Oops, typo. Meant 150.

Can't change the damn poll or title
              Last edited by ThePrince; 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I'd support it, what he needs to do is move down to JMW for his next fight, fight K9 and win the title. It would make it more enticing if he held a title.

Comment

Why would he had to cut 25-35 pounds? He was 165 just last Saturday! If he's chasing a Pac/May fight, why wouldn't he simply stay in shape and try not to gain any weight?

Comment

All he has to do is lose FIVE pounds. 1 pound per month and he'll be ready for a 150 catchweight. Just dehydrate 10 pounds in the sauna before the weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                    X