No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Goes Twelve, Decisions a Game Arroyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
    Why?? Cause Gonzalez went the distance with a legit former Olympian contender? If you're basing that off of this fight than you're clueless. Styles make fights. If it were like that than Estrada won a SPLIT decision over Brian Viloria whom Gonzalez completely dominated and eventually stopped.
    I despise how people bring up the SD as if it was accurate lmao. Also, you forgot to mention Roman faced a much older Viloria and one that had already lost to Estrada years back. Styles make fights, right? So Roman did was expected and grinded down a washed up former champion. Estrada out boxed and out pointed him rather easily while he was riding a career high.

Comment

Chocolatito is now the unified IBF-WBC flyweight champion by default...what a beast...he hit Arroyo so hard the sheer force tore the soles of his shoes right off.

Comment

Arroyo really had some heart and came to win... Props to him.. Much better effort than I expected

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          I despise how people bring up the SD as if it was accurate lmao. Also, you forgot to mention Roman faced a much older Viloria and one that had already lost to Estrada years back. Styles make fights, right? So Roman did was expected and grinded down a washed up former champion. Estrada out boxed and out pointed him rather easily while he was riding a career high.
          Re-read what I wrote. You have totally missed the entire point. I don't base fights on that. I base it on styles. The person I was quoting was saying that Estrada beats Gonzalez. He was pretty much basing it on tonight's performance. I was trying to prove the point not to base it on that. That's when I through in the example of the triangle theory which I don't believe in.
          That being said Gonzales beat Estrada back then and I predict he will beat him again if/when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
            Re-read what I wrote. You have totally missed the entire point. I don't base fights on that. I base it on styles. The person I was quoting was saying that Estrada beats Gonzalez. He was pretty much basing it on tonight's performance. I was trying to prove the point not to base it on that. That's when I through in the example of the triangle theory which I don't believe in.
            That being said Gonzales beat Estrada back then and I predict he will beat him again if/when they fight.
            I have Estrada on the rematch myself but I honestly doubt it would be at 112 at this point. I know Estrada is wanting to move up and will most likely do so in his return to the ring later this year and Roman has been fighting with making weight for some time.

I guess Arroyo proved something I suspected when Estrada first faced Roman, Gonzalez has no answer to being combo'd on. Arroyo wasn't throwing punches in bunches too often but when he did Roman would stop throwing himself and eat some in the process. It was a darn good fight and a solid win for Roman, but I think it's one of those fights where the lesser known contender loses the fight, but wins more in the end of the ordeal.

Comment

Aztekkas aldo5408 CaneloMaidana Infern0 Tyrone Biggums! Pigeons about.thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                That f**kin' idiot was trying to clown a solid poster for his assumption that he would take Estrada over Gonzalez based on triangle theories, yet goes on to proudly clown Estrada's split decision over Viloria, . You can't make this s**t up.

I doubt the clown watched Estrada vs. Viloria if he's proudly labeling that a split decision. F**kin' boxrec casual fans.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Chocolatito is a good lil fighter. But they need to stop calling him the consensus P4P #1. He's not. And personally, I think he's relatively easy work for Rigondeaux.
                  I would ****ing hope so, Rigondeaux's 3 divisions above Gonzalez.

Comment

GIF: Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez vs. McWilliams Arroyo

If you not shoulder rolling or on your bicycle its not defense. Catching punches, blocking ; slipping is for hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
                      ...I doubt the clown watched Estrada vs. Viloria if he's proudly labeling that a split decision. F**kin' boxrec casual fans.
                      For those cheerleaders of Gonzales, these are the compiled numbers for the Estrada-Viloria fight:
                      Total Punches Jabs Power Punches
                      Estrada 416/964 55/208 361/756
                      Viloria 186/613 46/253 140/360
                      So much for a split decision. It shows that judges are biased or corrupt.
                      Last edited by cabalas; 04-24-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X