Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Couple of points:

#1 - I don't remember Canelo at age 19 or 20 calling out Mayweather. This whole Mayweather thing started after his Mosley win.

#2 - Lara, Trout, Molina and Vanes are NOT big money fights. Those are guys that have had trouble getting fights because of the way they fight, it's not fan friendly. I know that sucks to say but it's the truth. Do you really think that Canelo's people are looking at any of those guys thinking they are worried they can't beat them? I would think Ortiz and Kirkland are much bigger risks because of their power. Now you can argue Lara because of his skill, but again, not a guy that is fun to watch and therefore no money in it.

HBO and Showtime have to put up millions of dollars to make these cards. Then the promoters have to as well and then they have to make sure they sellout the venue and make money back. So finding a viable opponent is crucial in the decision making and has nothing to do with "ducking". Like I said, those names you mentioned aren't big money fights, sorry but they aren't.

#3 - When he fought guys like Lopez and Cintron there were good reasons for it. Lopez was because he earned the right to fight Canelo after his upset win over Ortiz and then Cintron was earlier in his career when Cintron was still considered a big puncher and the PR vs Mexico thing was in play.

Lastly...

You say that you have 3 or 4 reasons why you think that his career should have gone differently, well with all due respect, there's a reason your not a promoter.

Let's say you and I have a race horse. We have invested millions of dollars in the care, storage, food, medicine and training of this race horse. Then there's a circuit of races that is a little risky early on in the horses career, so we decide to put him in an easier circuit so we can give him experience, and confidence before we make that leap.

Is that avoiding the big races? Or is that being a smart handler and making sure we get money back on our investment?

See, you are looking at it from a fans perspective, I am not. Probably because I'm in the business of boxing, I train at a pro gym and we put out pro fighters. As harsh as this sounds, I don't waste my time on any kid that walks through the doors of our gym, meaning I will help you here and there but my focus is on the one's that have talent.

Why? Because I'm in it to make money. I don't train for free and while I have given a lot of free time and money to kids, I can't make a living off of doing that.

Canelo has the talent, he has the charisma and he has the marketability because of the way he looks. He's no fraud....

Now is he great? I don't know that yet but we are going to find out really soon and I don't think the guys he's fought are necessarily easy, so calling him a bum (not that you have just what fans say) isn't fair either.

That seems to be the consensus though, he's great or a bum and there's no in between. Don't worry, he's 21 and we will see him this year coming up with the best, then we can make our decisions and judgements.
    Your signature have nothing to be with the way you think...you should change it and put " i support ducking" sign...that's wrong for the sport and the fans..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Not true. After Kirkland beat Angulo, Kirkland was the mandatory. This is when the fight should've happened; instead Canelo fought Mosley who did ABSOLUTELY nothing at 154 to deserve a title shot.

Finally when GB tried to make the Kirkland fight after the Molina fight, Kirkland was already injured and stated he couldn't make the date given to him by GB.

When GB tried to make the Williams fight and Williams got injured, Molina, Lara, Vanes and Trout were all waiting for their opportunity. Instead some JWW who lost to Jessie Vargas got the call over proven JMW's because he beat a WW who was also coming off a loss.

But going off that same methodology, Trout should now get the fight since he beat Cotto. we'll see.
      Kirkland said he could make the date but in reality he priced himself out by asking for millions. He just didn't want that azz whooping for the price offered.

Williams got injured but regardless they were still pursuing that fight, so to say he is ducking the entire division is ******ed since he had actively pursued 154 lb fighters prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
        Your signature have nothing to be with the way you think...you should change it and put " i support ducking" sign...that's wrong for the sport and the fans..
        Bro, I'm not condoning it, I'm just letting you know why these matchups are made.

There's a difference between diagnosis and enabling. I'm just diagnosing the problem for you so you can see WHY it's done. I'm in no way enabling it because I would LOVE to see Pac vs Mayweather, Canelo vs Lara or any of the other fights that have not been made.

Comment

• Cuauh talking on the real in here.

I don't like it either but that's the way it is.

Comment

Bro, I'm not condoning it, I'm just letting you know why these matchups are made.

There's a difference between diagnosis and enabling. I'm just diagnosing the problem for you so you can see WHY it's done. I'm in no way enabling it because I would LOVE to see Pac vs Mayweather, Canelo vs Lara or any of the other fights that have not been made.
            Look bro..I don't want to offend you but..that somebody support fight smaller or smaller and old opponents piss me off..please note that you are diagnosing the problem from your bias point of view...that's not like that...in boxing there is weight classes..I never seen a called champion or star or just anyone fight so many lower division fighters one behind the other...he is the title holder..if he want to fight smaller guys and you guys will still supporting that it is fine with me if he vacate the belt for the other contenders who are fighting real tough 154 pounders for a shot to the title...

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Look bro..I don't want to offend you but..that somebody support fight smaller or smaller and old opponents piss me off..please note that you are diagnosing the problem from your bias point of view...that's not like that...in boxing there is weight classes..I never seen a called champion or star or just anyone fight so many lower division fighters one behind the other...he is the title holder..if he want to fight smaller guys and you guys will still supporting that it is fine with me if he vacate the belt for the other contenders who are fighting real tough 154 pounders for a shot to the title...
              You are an angry cuban hu?

First off, fighting outside of your weight division is nothing new to boxing. It's been done since boxing became a sport.

Second, why is it that Canelo gets grief but guys like Mayweather don't when they fight JMM?

It's part of the game and I will say this for the last time, when you and others like you, shell out money to see a fight like Canelo vs Lara or Molina, then they will make it.

It's called supply vs demand, basic fukin economics holmes. So you can call me what you want and tell me I'm wrong but money talks and bull**** walks homie.

Because you know damn well if they made Canelo vs Lara on PPV, you would not pay $60 to watch it. You would say "Fuk that, they are giving us these fights on PV view now? I want this **** on HBO or Showtime"

So in order for them to put it on HBO or Showtime, they have to find a viable opponent that will get views.

I'm not disagreeing with you man, I am just amazed that fans like you can't see the reason this **** happens and get upset at something you have no reason to be getting upset about.

Comment

First off, fighting outside of your weight division is nothing new to boxing. It's been done since boxing became a sport.

Second, why is it that Canelo gets grief but guys like Mayweather don't when they fight JMM?

It's part of the game and I will say this for the last time, when you and others like you, shell out money to see a fight like Canelo vs Lara or Molina, then they will make it.

It's called supply vs demand, basic fukin economics holmes. So you can call me what you want and tell me I'm wrong but money talks and bull**** walks homie.

Because you know damn well if they made Canelo vs Lara on PPV, you would not pay $60 to watch it. You would say "Fuk that, they are giving us these fights on PV view now? I want this **** on HBO or Showtime"

So in order for them to put it on HBO or Showtime, they have to find a viable opponent that will get views.

I'm not disagreeing with you man, I am just amazed that fans like you can't see the reason this **** happens and get upset at something you have no reason to be getting upset about.
                Man..I gonna said it again...bro..how is possible that a canelo vs josesito lopez will be more profit that canelo vs Lara..joseito is two weight classes bellow canelo and he wasn't a top fighter there..he had no fanbase..he was fat and overmatched...how fit in your mind that that fight will brings more money that lara fight who is legit 154 pound with great skills and is a # 1 contender in his own weight classes..

Comment

Horrible logic.

Comment

It's new when you bring the smaller fighter to your real weight in every fight.....I don't care about floyd but man..Floyd is a WW..

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      Horrible logic.
                      Yeah bro..and he insists he is right . ..but there is many ppl in the wold to have tje same taste..ones "understand" why he is ready to go for josesito lopez and no for lara who is the # 1 contender in his own weight and others not ..

Comment

Working...
                      X