No announcement yet.

Come back, Larry...all is forgiven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back, Larry...all is forgiven

Listening to Kellerman sometimes gives me douche chills. Alright as a commentator, but post fight interview with his pleading, puppy eyes makes me wanna puke. He never smiles, looks nervous and looks too ****ing smug and judgemental. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Merchant and his straight to the point questions and occasional sardonic smile and wry humour, even if it was corny at times...I'd have him any day over this douchey corporate suit with his safe questions and constant turning back to the camera with disapproval...tut tut tut....he sucks!

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
    Listening to Kellerman sometimes gives me douche chills. Alright as a commentator, but post fight interview with his pleading, puppy eyes makes me wanna puke. He never smiles, looks nervous and looks too ****ing smug and judgemental. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Merchant and his straight to the point questions and occasional sardonic smile and wry humour, even if it was corny at times...I'd have him any day over this douchey corporate suit with his safe questions and constant turning back to the camera with disapproval...tut tut tut....he sucks!
    Larry Merchant can keep his dusty, bigot, racist, baised as where he belongs. Retirement and off air.

He was the worst commentator of all time.

He hardly ever calls the fight right, dick ride certain fighters that he likes but criticize other fighters who dont fight the way he likes...even if the fighter had a great performance

He was far to biased at times, he could be entertaining but he was a straight douche 80% of the time.

He was a lot better in the 80s than in the late 90s-2000s

Comment

I liked Merchant simply as a balancing point. He wasn't afraid to bytch about the fighters and was less of a company man. I think the last few years were painful (save for the brilliant Mayweather jab after the Ortiz fight) and it's best that he's retired.

Comment

forget kellerman, What in the living hell was that last showtime team about?
        are they deliberately trolling us?

A ridiculously camp f@g, an ex journeyman who could barely string a sentence together and that annoying b!tch? made HBO look like the dream team.

Pray for Ranello

Comment

**** Larry Merchant.

Max Kellerman is a high end casual. I don't even listen to him anymore. ****ing Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I liked Merchant simply as a balancing point. He wasn't afraid to bytch about the fighters and was less of a company man. I think the last few years were painful (save for the brilliant Mayweather jab after the Ortiz fight) and it's best that he's retired.
            He was the man in the 80s and early 90s....the last 15 years he became a prick. That Mayweather-Ortiz fiasco was classic. Its crazy though, he gave him a hard time since his pretty boy floyd days(sugar ray leonard lite) when he tried to be nice, megawatt smile and calling everyone out. I guess every man has so much they can take.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              forget kellerman, What in the living hell was that last showtime team about?
              are they deliberately trolling us?

A ridiculously camp f@g, an ex journeyman who could barely string a sentence together and that annoying b!tch? made HBO look like the dream team.

Pray for Ranello
              I thought Showtime was declining but that last one was unlistenable. Literally, I put music on in another language so save my ears from that rubbish.

Comment

Larry Merchant is a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I thought Showtime was declining but that last one was unlistenable. Literally, I put music on in another language so save my ears from that rubbish.
                  I was literally screwfacing, saying WTF outloud.
                  It was like a parody of the campest/worst commentary team of all time.

no wonder ranello is suicidal, made me want to kill myself too.

Comment

Working...
                  X