Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Wlad is better P4P than Pacquiao and Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all.

1. His competition level is not the same as theirs.

2. He's more or less a one dimensional outside fighter. I rarely see him throw anything more than the most basic punches and he gets away with this because he's so much bigger than everyone. Lennox used to fight on the inside, throw uppercuts, body work etc. Wlad does none of that.

3. Pac and Donaire are both dynamic that employ a wide variety of tactics. Donaire moreso, but Pac > Wlad too.

Comment

No..... Count me as a non believer

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Wlad overrated boxer, so no

He couldnt even demolish Haye, was scared to engage
        Was David Haye who said he would engage and say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXoBdj0qsQY

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          Do you know what's the difference between Lennox and Wlad's knock outs?

For Wladimir there is no 'part 2'. For Lennox there is always a part 2.

There's also a part 2 for Wlad :

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Wlad has much better overall technique and classic boxing skill than Pac, I don't really see how this can be debated.
          He barely throws anything other than jabs and right hands. Just because he's fundamentally sound and has proper form doesn't mean he's more skilled. Senchenko is also more fundamentally sound than Pac but who gives a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            He barely throws anything other than jabs and right hands. Just because he's fundamentally sound and has proper form doesn't mean he's more skilled. Senchenko is also more fundamentally sound than Pac but who gives a ****.
            He is hit less frequently, much more accurate, doesn't need as wide array of punches to be effective as Pac, and also was not ko'd recently......sounds like he is more skilled to me.

Comment

He is hit less frequently, much more accurate, doesn't need as wide array of punches to be effective as Pac, and also was not ko'd recently......sounds like he is more skilled to me.
              Nah, he's just so much bigger than his opponents. Also, when your opponents are Tony Thompson and Mariuz Wach, you can get away with shooting 1,2's all night.

Comment

no. I do have Wlad in my top 10, but still........no.

Comment

He has no inside game, being tall is his advantage. If throwing a jab and a right once in while makes you more skilled then Pac, than i don't know what to say

Wlad is a very one dimensional boxer, he is limited due to his glass jaw.

Comment

I'm sorry, I know its not fair to Wlad but I cannot look at the man and the fighters he is fighting, and say Wlad is P4P better than either. I have a hard time putting him on the list, period. Its not just Wlad, I feel that way about heavyweights in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      There's also a part 2 for Wlad :

What about Sanders and Purrity? Sanders would have knocked out Wlad again in the rematch. I am 100% sure of that. Wlad is the only ATG HW who would have lost an immediate rematch to somebody that upsetted him.

Comment

Working...
                      X