Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Margarito I: Both wore Reyes, Cotto-Margarito II Gloves:Everlast MX gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the the Brand and size change in gloves affect the fight?

Comment

Both Everlast MX and Reyes gloves are made of the same material. Some fighters, like Cotton, have endorsement deals with Everlast. That's why they use Everlast. To me they feel the same. I think that Cotto's camp went with 10 oz instead of 8 oz too minimize any possible damage received from Marg. We've seen this done before with other fighters.
      Last edited by Pony Boy; 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
        Both Everlast MX and Reyes gloves are made of the same material. Some fighters, like Cotton, have endorsement deals with Everlast. That's why they use Everlast. To me they feel the same. I think that Cotto's camp went with 10 oz instead of 8 oz too minimize any possible damage received from Marg. We've seen this done before with other fighters.
        I thought 10 oz was standard procedure for 154.

Comment

10oz is the norm for 154. Pac and Marg wore 8 cause they pulled some strings. Rule is 147 nd under is 8oz, over 10. And i think everlasts hit harder at 10oz than reyes would at 10. I think when it comes to 8ozs reyes are best for punchers. Look around the net, ive read 10oz reyes are pillows (see mayweather delahoya, look at mayweathers reyes). In the end it all depends on who uses it but talk seems everlast seems like the punchers way togo. See angulo, kirkland etc

If anything when i hit the gym up tomorrow ill try and let you know. I usually dont use 8 or 10 cause i spar and use heavy gloves for the bags. My gym has all sets of those.
          Last edited by Mojita; 12-01-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            CarlMoretti Carl Moretti
            Both Cotto & Margarito to wear Everlast (MX style)-lots of leather gonna be thrown around...
            So these gloves are extra padded?

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              So these gloves are extra padded?
              Most people consider Reyes to be the punchers Glove.

Some disagree.

Comment

i dont see the issue. everlast mx are their version of punchers(i.e. reyes) gloves and 10oz are standard.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i dont see the issue. everlast mx are their version of punchers(i.e. reyes) gloves and 10oz are standard.
                  No issue here,

Just pointing out the brand change.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Will the the Brand and size change in gloves affect the fight?
                    To me Marg's slower thudding power punches won't be as effected as Cotto's quick accurate punches would be. We haven't really seen his power at 154 tested yet either. I guess if they are convinced Marg can't be knocked out 10 ounce gloves could only help.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp
                      Cotto is little btch. Has to have everything in his favor. Does he also want margs to be blind folded and have one hand tied behind his back.
                      Cotto didn't even have to give margarito the fight. ****, Margarito is lucky cotto didn't demand blood testing either. Besides Margarito needs this fight more than anything, cotto could've fought anyone else this is a risky fight 50/50 in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X