No announcement yet.

Karpency making more than Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    Haymon has had Ukrainians, Mongolian, Russian Kazakh and a Georgian fighter on tv over last 10 days. He really doesn't care as long as the fighter actually tries.
    Yes.

Haymon does a good job for all the fighters that sign with him, regardless of where they are from - he has their best interests in mind.

Unlike the selfish old snake Arum.

Comment

Arum was smart signing all this prospects, but he is wasting them

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        loma was getting 750k vs complete scrubs.. some how this card is too expensive for regular hbo but theres been much worse expensive cards than this
        HBO is so obsessed with names, I'm more of a believer in good fights. If you make Walters vs Loma it does more for boxing than a mismatch with a star in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Overall, Arum does a terrible job for his eastern European boxers. He seems to dislike them, I don't understand why he signs them in the first place?

With low pay, meaningless opposition, and periods of inactivity he's ruined good fighters like Korobov, Mekhontsev, etc.

They would have been better off signing with Al Haymon, DiBella, Main Events, K-2, or Golden Boy.
          I'm not sure if Egor has been ruined yet, but he definitely needs to start fighting top 30 opposition.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 07-22-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Anyone giving Karpency a chance?

Comment

That's market value.....if you don't like it, simple, don't be a boxer.

Haymon is millions in the red because of how he runs business....luckily for him, some idiot with money is out there who will bail him out....maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                That's market value.....if you don't like it, simple, don't be a boxer.

Haymon is millions in the red because of how he runs business....luckily for him, some idiot with money is out there who will bail him out....maybe.
                I don't think he needs a bailout because it wasn't his money to begin with, somehow he managed to convince a hedge fund to invest.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Anyone giving Karpency a chance?

he is going to get obliterated.

Comment

i'm not surprised. im familiar with some of the journeymen on gvozdyk's resume, but that win over dawson should give karpency top dollar over a largely untested prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      I'm not sure if Egor has been ruined yet, but he definitely needs to start fighting top 30 opposition.
                      His career is in trouble. About to be 32 and fought a 19-10 guy. Arum should let him go if he don't want him.

Comment

Working...
                      X