Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Laila Ali: Holm Will KO Rousey Again, Probably Worse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rousey better say away from a rematch its will be another L for her , Holm by decision in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Who hasnt lost in their prime? I guess eveybody sucks .........
      ali meant getting destroyed and losing in their prime. reading comprehension is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        Rousey better say away from a rematch its will be another L for her , Holm by decision in the rematch
        No way it ever goes 5 rounds. Either Rousey is getting lit up or she gets it to the mat and gets the submission. Rousey is never going to just plod around the outside getting outpointed.

In the same way people overlooked Holm for this fight, people are now overlooking Rousey. She still has the incredible ground game. She was woefully under prepared for this fight, looked terrible on the scales, looked out of condition and fought like it - knackered after 3 minutes and slow and clumsy in her attempt to submit Holm on the one occasion she had her down.

A fully fit and motivated Ronda Rousey is still a huge threat and probably could get to Holm. You could see Ronda really trying to get herself up for this fight with her rant at the weigh in, she just wasn't in the zone at all because she simply wasn't in the shape necessary for a championship fight.

After the weigh in, I had my finger on the button for a 17/2 bet on Holm (by KO or dec) for this fight but pussied out of it because I couldn't see a decent covering bet. If Ronda looked good at the weigh in for the rematch, I'd almost certainly bet on her to win by submission (well, sub or KO if the odds were good enough). She needs to be twice as fit as the celebrity that showed up for UFC 193 though.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Who hasnt lost in their prime? I guess eveybody sucks .........
          She didn't say just lost. She said destroyed. Made to look amateurish.

"The best fighter in the world"? In her prime?

I think most would agree with Ali.
          Last edited by dwighttsharpe; 11-16-2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Wtf Laila Ali know about MMA?

Rematches in MMA don't tend to go like they do as often in boxing (ie if you got KO'd the first time odds are you're gonna get KO'd quicker the second time). BUT I tend to agree that a rematch in July would likely just be a do over of the first fight although perhaps with more ground/armbar intentions & likely last a lil longer with a more knowledgeable of her mistakes the first time Rousey. You can **** on a lot of things about Rousey, but her competitiveness & Art of War Sun Tzu strategy usage are both high up there on her asset list.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post
              ali meant getting destroyed and losing in their prime. reading comprehension is your friend.
              UFC /MMA isnt boxing, different criteria how fights are scored and fought an L is an L weather the fight lasts 1 minute or 1 hour ,foolsh boy.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-16-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Ronda strike game is **** she should forget about boxing and only focus in wrestling.

Comment

Rousey had been fighting total tomato cans, women who barely had a background in combat sports and had barely been training for a couple years.

It's not that she lost, it's the way she lost, she looked like an amateur and Holm destroyed her. That straight left was a simple punch to defend for a boxer and she didn't even see it coming, she lacked very basic training. Holm has 2 years of MMA training and she just embarrassed the supposed best women fighter of all time.

It's a black eye for MMA because of the hype, Rhonda Rousey was the face of the UFC and she couldn't get in front of the cameras enough, she was everywhere, news shows, talk shows, radio shows...everywhere. And she wasn't just there promoting herself, she was there making statements about boxers and boxing's biggest stars over and over. And her boss was making statements over and over about boxing and how Rousey would beat male boxers inside 17 seconds.

So it was exactly what she and Dana White deserved. The little media darling who talks more trash than any other sports figure alive go her face destroyed by a boxer. Holm was bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Rousey. And the difference in skill level was an ocean. Rousey tried her little arm bars and martial arts death blow, but Holm was too strong and athletic for that nonsense.

But, she'd beat Mayweather in 17 seconds, lol. Give Mayweather a few weeks of take down defense training and train him to look for her 1 or 2 submissions she could try, and he puts her in the hospital for a long time, maybe worse. One of those straight lefts from Holm destroyed Rousey's jaw and mouth, the same punch from Mayweather might have literally killed her.

Comment

RR was schooled and made to look like a complete novice.

Swinging at air, sloppy footwork, no lateral movement at all.

If they fought 10 times in a row HH would win every time.

HH is more experienced, athletic and powerful. She also has far better technical skills on the stand out element.

RR looked like a tubby, mildly ******ed redneck on Saturday...

Comment

100% agreed!

Comment

Working...
                      X