Friday Night Fights: Sierra weighs in 7 lbs over contract limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Fights: Sierra weighs in 7 lbs over contract limit

http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn
    What a disgrace. Francisco Sierra weighed in at 175 for his ESPN2 main event vs. Jesus Gonzalez tonight. Problem was contract weight was 168

wtf...Dat dumb puto.

Comment

I assume that fight has been scrapped?

Comment

Rafael hasn't said anything else yet. If it's scrapped they lose the main event of an already weak card.

Comment

WTF, I just read Sierra weighed 7lbs. I was like what type of weight class is that. I need to stop skimming through shit.

Comment

was he a late replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              was he a late replacement?
              Looks like he was...

It’s difficult to judge Sierra. The Mexican failed to make the contracted 168 pounds Thursday, meaning he can’t win the North American Boxing Federation’s vacant title. Only Gonzales can. Sierra was heavy in two trips to the scale – 176.5 pounds the first time and 175 an hour later. He reportedly had been training for a fight later in July in Mexico. He agreed to the Gonzales bout only last Friday. It’s hard to know if Sierra is ready.

Comment

I don't see any problem then. He was a late replacement. At least, he tried losing weight.

Comment

damn, this is a weak ass card. i might just watch old fights tonite

Comment

'he just got of the couch.'

Comment

Working...
                    X