No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Buddy this was Postol's 2nd fight in a year and a half. His other fight was an 8 rounder vs. the #331 ranked WW in the world. Just stop.
    But Matthysse wasn't coming off a loss, now he is

Step two of the Broner path is now in motion but he needs to win his next fight for a vacant title, just needs his opponent on a long lay off who also lost his last fight

Comment

• Congrats to Postol. I didn't expect Lucas to quit like that.

Comment

• I did not like all that clinching, but besides that Postol did a perfect fight, good jab and good combinations later. Great movements and distance managment not letting Matthysse getting into his range. He is very disciplined in the ring.

Freddie said that he want Postol to cilnch less and let his right hand follow the jab. Thats good.

I don't blame Matthysse for quitting, we don't know how bad he was hurt or not, maybe he really felt something bad in his eye and couldnt see anymore at that time. I would like to see those keyboard Lions in his place.
        Last edited by Helm; 10-04-2015, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• I'm in shock. I'm not sure what the hell happened to Lucas over those last few rounds, but he faded bad. Stopped throwing, stopped moving his head, he looked like he was either dead tired or giving up. I can't believe the way he just went away without a fight after looking like he was taking control.

Good win for Postol. The clinching early was bull****, but to his credit he knocked it off when the ref told him to knock it off. He did something no one has ever done and deserves a lot of credit for it. He's a hard fighter to deal with.

Comment

• I had also lost 100 bucks on this bout, but oh well. Funny thing is I had picked Broner and I didn't bet on him!

I guess Matthysse didn't have a sparring partner that ran around the ring because he didn't know how to cutt it off. Guys like Maidana can lunge an overhand and catch a dude doing constant lateral movement, like when he fought Khan.

And I didn't see Lucas box like against Ruslan, pivot back and guard, stay in the pocket. Lucas did fair elluding a single far jab but in later rounds dude was walking into combos just chasing him. Was hard to watch cause I had split screen on with Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              Lucas has always been a CHUMP.... CHUMP!!!!! And sooooo have his most loyal fans. I absolutely knew without a shadow of a doubt he'd lose this fight ... Choke artist!!!! Can't seal the deal!!!
              Danny paid Postol TWICE to step aside. You ****ing clown. Postol ass-rapes Garcia and Al Haymon knew it.

Comment

• Easy work. Lucas got taken to school.

Also, the people complaining about holding, did you also complain about Matthysse's holding vs Provodnikov?

Postol made Lucas look less skilled than Provodnikov.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  enjoy the 140 version of wlad. slick boxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                    Lucas was just OUTBOXED bad. Give credit to Postol, he had a gameplan and totally offset Lucas' offense. Lucas has been in wars, and if he really feels he wanted to protect his eye then so be it. Hes no quitter. Viva La Maquina!

this sort of rhetoric needs to stop. he just quit last night

call him brave, which he is.
                    call him a good fighter. he had a very good career, whether he decides to stick around or not.

don't say, "he's not a quitter" when he just quit!
                    he's not a coward. but he did quit!
                    Last edited by New England; 10-04-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I'm in shock. I'm not sure what the hell happened to Lucas over those last few rounds, but he faded bad. Stopped throwing, stopped moving his head, he looked like he was either dead tired or giving up. I can't believe the way he just went away without a fight after looking like he was taking control.

Good win for Postol. The clinching early was bull****, but to his credit he knocked it off when the ref told him to knock it off. He did something no one has ever done and deserves a lot of credit for it. He's a hard fighter to deal with.

he was getting hit on the way in, man. postol was making him turn and miss. it's frustrating at the least, and will make you dizzy if the shots are hard enough [whcih they clearly were.]

lucas is not the 5'8.5" they claimed him to be. functionally, considering the height of his shoulders, postol had a huge advantage in length.

Comment

Working...
                      X