Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem with Danny Garcias purse against Salka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tldr. Because the people love the champ. He still got good ratings. The real travesty is how Diego Chavez only got 25k while rios got 900. That's fuked up

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher- View Post
      This applies to absolutely every fighter and all networks.

Kovalev did not get paid anything close to 700k to fight Caparello. That fight does not hurt boxing.
      no it doesn't. Danny, as larry is pointing out, has fought an excellent resume. His purse for this in no way means his next fight will be the same type of opponent for the same money.

The problem with your argument is that it assumes the absolute worst for the showtime fighters and the absolute best for the HBO fighters, which makes it invalid. Is GGG going to fight another Adama?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        He is fighting Peterson next for crying out loud..he has always fought top guys
        Like I said, its not a bash Danny thread. Its not about who he fights next or in the future.

Just in general, to any fighter..... it sets a bad example for the future on the sport.

Guys are going to start demanding million dollar purses to fight gatekeepers. If this starts a trend of overpaying for bad fights..... the sport will slowly start to die

Comment

Only issue i have with garcia fight purse is that it wasnt mine

Comment

It is about time fighters start getting paid good money..they risk their lives for a living....

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher- View Post
              Like I said, its not a bash Danny thread. Its not about who he fights next or in the future.

Just in general, to any fighter..... it sets a bad example for the future on the sport.

Guys are going to start demanding million dollar purses to fight gatekeepers. If this starts a trend of overpaying for bad fights..... the sport will slowly start to die
              I ask again-is this trend only applicable to one network?

Comment

Look at all the money Baseball and Basketball players make and they are not getting hit in the damn head to get it

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  no it doesn't. Danny, as larry is pointing out, has fought an excellent resume. His purse for this in no way means his next fight will be the same type of opponent for the same money.

The problem with your argument is that it assumes the absolute worst for the showtime fighters and the absolute best for the HBO fighters, which makes it invalid. Is GGG going to fight another Adama?
                  What are talking about? GGG fight Adama off premium cable. he just got paid 600k to fight a top MW.

Comment

Garcia is f.ucking pathetic on many levels.
                    I can't stomach him.

Btw, Pac getting paid 20M$ for fighting Algeri? wtf.

Comment

It's a wonder that Andre Ward hasn't stepped inside a ring in so long. He was grossly overpaid ($2million) to fight Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                      X