Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Lee vs James Kirkland - Perfect stylistic clash...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the responses.

Yeah - this could definitely be another Ishida/Kirkland. Or it could be a Tapia/Kirkland.

Lee doesn't have the greatest stamina, or defense. His chin and punch resistance are fine. But he just gets tired, and loses mobility, and dexterity in his feet, forcing him to stand stationary. And on the inside, his long arms aren't ideal for turning shots over, and he can be beaten up by a guy lke Krkland on the inside.

And Kirkland seems to be chinny in the first few rounds, but then becomes like a brick wall if he makes it past a few rounds.

There could be some EXPLOSIVE exchanges here...

Comment

Great fight, I think he could ko James in one round. Andy is very patient, like ishida was, and could just pick him apart coming in. FOTY candidate though.

Comment

Be a great fight, if kirkland can get Lee early he wins but if gets passed 5 rounds I see Lee taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
          Be a great fight, if kirkland can get Lee early he wins but if gets passed 5 rounds I see Lee taking it.
          Wouldn't you think the opposite would be true since Kirkland seems to get buckled early then seems later to be resistant to being hit while Lee has that great right hook and can spark Kirkland out early but if he gets worn down by Kirkland's constant attack he may not have enough steam left in his punches to hurt Kirkland and take him out.

Comment

Working...
          X